'99 LC Sound System Upgrade while Leaving Stock Radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi 100 Series Forum,

I'm looking to upgrade my entire sound system (speakers, amplifiers), but I'm hoping to keep the factory radio for aesthetic purposes and keeping the original "look".

Has anyone had any experience adding a bluetooth adapter and/or a sound processor to a non-nav radio? These are the products I was looking at:

JL Audio FiX™ 82
Crux BTS-TY1 Bluetooth® Interface

I'm wondering if it's even worth the bother to try and keep the factory radio and working around it's obvious limitations.

I've actually been happy with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Nulaxy-Bluet...ireless+in+car+bluetooth+fm+transmitter&psc=1

6161ILHgZQL._AC_UL115_.jpg

I changed out the OEM stereo in my Camry and regret that the new stereo gets worse radio reception despite having identical antennas and has cheaper feeling controls.

I havent used this myself yet, but I plan to install this in my wife's car. (She has integrated climate controls and all that jazz ties into her stereo.) iSimple came highly recommended. Connects directly to the antenna, so there is no broadcast that can have interference or similar problems. It gets all tucked away and out of sight except for mic and one button.

I bought the Nulaxy for a road trip over the holidays. It worked, but at least our unit had really low volume output. We had to turn the volume on the phone, but unit all the way up and then still crank the volume of the head unit to listen at a moderate level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom