99 LC- finally a few upgrades to my mall cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased my 99 back in July 2017, 2-owner with a folder full of maintenance history/records. I first took care of much of the PM using OEM parts. I wanted it to be mechanically solid before I did anything else as this is mainly a mall Cruiser. Some things came up the first few years as it had 253K when I got it. It's a Texas truck, 99, rear lockers.
* Steering rack
* PS pump/high pressure hose
* Front diff bushings etc.
* ABS module ($$$)
* New OEM shocks
* Front/Rear control arms, U-joints
* New Alternator
* etc...

FINALLY, within the last couple of months, I was able to do some upgrades to my mall cruiser
* PRINSU rack
* KNOR rock sliders (DOM, 15%, rear plate)
* Rear mud guard delete

I don't do much off-roading , its more of a family hauler with some trails. With 290K miles, I'm not big proponent on putting a lift on it as I'm not sure its worth heading down that road when it is 100% capable to do what I need it to do. I will say, those with lifts look really sharp!!!

Next:
* New leather for my front seats (Lseat, riddies, etc?)
* Low profile storage case/bin for roof rack
* Awning...seems reasonable, not sure how much I would use it though

LC 2017.jpg

LC 2022 Stadium.jpg

LC 2023 Rack Only.jpg

LC 2023 RackGuard delete.jpg

LC 2023 RackSliders.jpg

Fantastic! you can use OEM front fog lights to make it look like just rolled out of the showroom!. Avoid chinese junk.. I used a pair and the rubber parts started crumbling into pieces in just 10 months! I am struggling to save my windshield in West TX roads. I have about 4 cracks already.

Fantastic! you can use OEM front fog lights to make it look like just rolled out of the showroom!. Avoid chinese junk.. I used a pair and the rubber parts started crumbling into pieces in just 10 months! I am struggling to save my windshield in West TX roads. I have about 4 cracks already.
Thanks!

I need a windshield too...its a horizontal crack along the bottom. It's got some "stars", but with the long crack, i'll change it this year...o I get your pain lol

I thought about buying one of those windshield refresher kits with the wet sand and do my fogs...seems pretty straight forward? Seems cheaper than OEM fogs...but it would clean up the front end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom