99 100 series hard to start after warmup help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings! I have a 99 landcruiser that I just bought and I’m not extremely mechanically familiar with them. My rig will crank just fine as long as the engine is cool. But after a warmup, it has difficulty Re-starting and sometimes I have to give it a little throttle to crank. Is this a common issue? It seems fuel related to me but wanted to consult with the experts before I start throwing parts at it. Thanks in advance!!

Greetings! I have a 99 landcruiser that I just bought and I’m not extremely mechanically familiar with them. My rig will crank just fine as long as the engine is cool. But after a warmup, it has difficulty Re-starting and sometimes I have to give it a little throttle to crank. Is this a common issue? It seems fuel related to me but wanted to consult with the experts before I start throwing parts at it. Thanks in advance!!
I also have a 99 cruiser and I've been having this exact issue for a year or two now. It will crank fine and always starts, but it cranks for 3-5 seconds before starting, unless the engine is cold. I wanted to ask if you've solved this issue and if so, what you did to resolve it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom