98 tacoma booster into a 77 40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and concluded that a late 90's tacoma booster will directly bolt into a 40 without any mods and will work, however the first booster I received had an extremely hard pedal and I could not stop, so I figured the replacement was bad. Well the replacement of the replacement got here and I put it on and I am experiencing the same issues. I have around 22 hg lb's of vacuum at idle on a 2f stock. Part # for the booster from orielly's is 53-2791. I also have a new master cylinder. So is it me or am I just having bad luck with boosters?

Thanks

I am just guessing here but I think I read someone having a similar problem and it was the length of the push rod at the top of the brake pedal that goes to the master cylinder. Like I said this is just a guess .hope you figure out or get a definite answer

Yep check the pushrod. It should not be pushing the master at all until the pedal is pushed.

I used an '89 hilux V6 booster and M/C with a half inch spacer on the firewall as suggested online and it works really well. Originally powered front mini truck discs and drum rear, now powering 4 wheel discs with GM 3/4 ton brake hardware.

oem master, The pushrods on the master side both stuck out the same distance as the original booster you would press the pedal down an inch or so then it would make contact with the master and you could get no power. I am trying a cardone minitruck booster now instead of the brakebest tacoma and trying to get the measurements right. I had to go buy some spacers, will update when it's all together

No dice, I'm going to pull the contact point out some more. Taking a break first though.

Oem 40 series, I adjusted the Mc side adjusting rod all the way out and got some minor breaking. I will try to find a threaded rod tomorrow and have it adjusted out more so. Might even switch back to the taco booster and do the same thing just to get rid of the spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom