98 Lifgate vs 06 Liftgate (1 Viewer)

hey all,
can anyone tell me if the glass for a 2006 cruiser liftgate are the same dimensions as the liftgate glass for a 98 cruiser? thanks.

jeffb

I am not sure about the dimentions, but the color of the glass is different. The tint of the glass on the 06 is green not bronze.

I expect the glass would fit, but different colour and edge shading etc. I am sure they have not changed the lift gate.

I have not compared the designs of the newer Landcruiser liftgates howevvver. I recently researched putting the 03-06 LX470 tailgate combo on my 2000 LX470. Both upper and lower sections were different part numbers from the 2000 with different glass too. I will try and stop by the toy dealership down the road tomorrow and measure it up to mine, which i know is the same as the LC

i can mesure for ya if you want; it is completly different the glass is much bigger i think the entire section may be the same but the glass will not fit you would have to swap the whole door i think the bottom may be that same i had a 99 now i have an 06 lx

The part number will be different because the styling is slightly different beginning with the '03s, remember that starting that > '04s have the backup camera mounted in the top gate. I would guess the dimensions would be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom