98 LC Manufacture Date and Number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mitchclem

Threads
I noticed on my door jamb sticker that my 98 LC has a manufacture date of 01/1998 and at the bottom of the sticker it says "NO 803". Does anyone know what month these actually went into production? I'm assuming they began production in '97 for the '98 model year. Does "NO 803" mean it was the 803rd to roll off the line? This is strictly out of curiosity and is not critical to anything going on in my life right now. Cheers!

The 98 model year ran from 1/98 to 8/98 I believe, so it started late and ended late by traditional standards. I'm not sure if the 97 model 80 series ran late or if there was an extended down period between the two generations. What are the last 6 digits of your VIN?

You have the 2076th something - either Land Cruiser or series 100. I don't think the 803 is a sequential production number, not sure what it is.

Official UZJ100 production began in 8/97 with the earliest units marked 10/97 as a 98 model year. That follows the regular Toyota manufacturing schedule for the Land Cruiser worldwide (some variances allowed for assembly plants outside of Japan).

Official UZJ100 production began in 8/97 with the earliest units marked 10/97 as a 98 model year. That follows the regular Toyota manufacturing schedule for the Land Cruiser worldwide (some variances allowed for assembly plants outside of Japan).

Where did you see those dates? Everything that I've seen points to start of production in January 1998. Lots of parts are described as being "1/98 -" . Wikipedia for the Land Cruiser says that production of the 100 series started in "January 1998". Toyota Land Cruiser - Wikipedia And the Toyota parts system indicates that first generation 100 series started production in "01.1998". This can be accessed thru PartSouq on this page - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World or by entering an early VIN number at PartSouq. Also the OP has #2076 VIN and a door jamb sticker that says it was made in January 1998. That number seems more like 1st month of production rather than the sixth month - based on annual sales at the time.

This came from a conversation with a Toyota engineer at the Toyota Automotive Museum in Torrance, CA, but this was in 2000. Maybe he was referring to pre-production? My notes (it was a formal interview) say "first units in late October in 1997" but it may not refer to actual units sold to the public. I should have clarified that, my apologies for any confusion.

This came from a conversation with a Toyota engineer at the Toyota Automotive Museum in Torrance, CA, but this was in 2000. Maybe he was referring to pre-production? My notes (it was a formal interview) say "first units in late October in 1997" but it may not refer to actual units sold to the public. I should have clarified that, my apologies for any confusion.

First units of the 200 series were 10/2007 as well too.

Thanks for the info guys. When I've ordered parts in the past, from time to time I've had to specify my manufacture date either from 01/1998 to 08/1998, or from 09/1998 to 2002, so it would seem that they didn't begin real production until January of 98.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom