SOLD SOLD, 98 LC, 35s, Lift, Sliders, Hdr/Exhaust, Quad bi-xenon, 147k mi, 16k firm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 4th child is due in April and my Land Cruiser that I thought I would never sell is looking small all of a sudden. We’re planning on more so this has to go at some point. I bought it in 2011 with 129k on it. The truck is beautiful. I know I’m biased, but I think it’s one of the best looking 100s of any year I’ve seen. I specifically didn’t want a newer one so I could avoid the factory navi mess and retrofit a CarPlay set up. You can search “lightwerks land cruiser” on YouTube and see two closeup vids of the xenon retrofit. It’s a joy to drive after dark now. For what it’s worth, mechanics offer to buy it when they get under it. You could eat off the underbody. Looks like an 07 with eye burning headlights and 98 taillights. DT exhaust and headers sound great and really feel like it opens up the breathing of the truck and completely counteract the 35s. It doesn’t sound like a Toyota. As far as I know, and I think I do, the truck is mechanically perfect. I’m in Columbia, MO.

$16,000 Firm

1998 Land Cruiser
146,652 miles

$12,000 of upgrades as follows:

Buffed paint finish
Black color matched body panels
Gold package delete
Quad bi-xenon headlights (Lightwerkz)
05-07 grille
All LED interior and lic plate lights
OME 2.5 lift
03-07 OEM wheels 18 in
325/65 Duratracs 35in (no rubbing)
Spacers
Steam cleaned and coated underbody
DT exhaust and headers
White Knuckle sliders
Pioneer double din head unit with Apple CarPlay Nav and back up cam
Viper alarm with 2 way comm and remote start
Weathertech floor mats
Windows tinted 35%/front, 20%/rear

$4500 in recent maintenance:

Timing belt and water pump
Starter
Ball joints
New emergency brake assembly
Front axle seals
Transfer case
AC refrigerant refill and checked after header install
Doesn’t burn oil at all
New brakes right before I bought it.
29DA9DE1-78B5-4745-A727-E1DABAE54176.jpeg

8CEFB7BA-4B50-4255-ADAA-8C7F21F9B9E0.jpeg

3D285A21-E4E7-405C-AF99-B0D41F920599.jpeg

9FFF8AE2-9DAA-4EFA-9A77-DA5FBB4F67BE.jpeg

E8E5768E-7511-4A24-A444-54654FF5C82D.jpeg

Last edited:
I went from the halogens to the 2 projectors/per, so i never had a single in this one. I’ve seen some single projectors that are crazy strong before though. I’ve got them pointed very low right now as I thought I was going to keep the truck forever and was going to put a bumper/spare on the back that would raise the cutoff line. I didn’t want them in people’s sightline or mirrors.

Headlights are genuine OEM Toyota from cruiserparts.net.

98-05 to 2007 Front Upgrade : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
Oh you got the the good headlights! :D Looks really really clean for the year. Good luck with the sale!

Full disclosure, I’ve never detailed the interior of the truck. It was bought to be used as a snow car and doing a deep clean detail seemed like it would be missing the point of why I bought it. Except for one 10 inch snow, we really only got a few inches here and there during my ownership and it was never really used for it’s intended purpose.
Bottom line: the interior leather would prob look amazing with the proper leather care products. It’s not wear free like some of the cruisers I see in here, but it’s pretty dang good and certainly not all dried out like some. Rear and middle could prob be made to look brand new and front wouldn’t be way far behind. To be absolutely perfect you would prob want re do the front leather. I thought about it once and my wife thought I was being ridiculous so there’s that.

The wood kit needs to go. It didn’t bother me and it was just one of the few things I could still point to to prove what frugal guy I am driving this 20 year old car.

Previous owner was a soccer mom and raised a family with the car. So, speaker mesh needs to go as part of perfecting the interior.

Door jam threshold is needed.

Some rust on one bolt in the back hatch. Needs to be replaced.

There was some rust on undercarriage before the underbody coat. I just figured I would refresh the undercoat every other year or so to keep it looking perfect. It was about $250 I think.

Sunglasses holder need to be re-set in place or replaced.

Last edited:
Also, Focal components and JL 900/5 are not included. If you’ve gotta have them we can talk about it. If not, the car is wired for an amp/speaker/sub setup of you choice or you can use the head unit to power either the stock(which I have) or aftermarket speakers of your choice.

It prob needs $150-250 in interior trim pieces and a fierce interior, elbow grease detail to be as close to perfect as possible. The interior was not a priority for me so my main concern was to purchase an non worn example that I could get dirty if I wanted to. I never did get it dirty, but I never did scrub the piss out of it either. So, I think there’s a lot of potential there if that’s something you want to work on. It’s not absolutely perfect, but all that’s left are cheap cosmetic trim fixes. It’s thoroughly mechanically sorted.

I have around 30k in it, but I guess that’s my problem lol. The price of things is what they will transact at.

Last edited:
Great looking LC! I can vouch for Lightwerkz. They do an incredible job and don't cut any corners on their retrofits. I had them retrofit my F250 headlights with Morimotos M-Led.

Still Available?

Spring is here!!! This is what it would look like without any rake. The front and rear suspension is almost exactly level with the bike on the back.

B827BD78-ABB6-431F-8621-BCDFAD840D6E.jpeg

3C226C16-C3C6-454E-B3CC-A58D5ED8B433.jpeg

Baby is here in 3 weeks bump. 16k is my bottom dollar for a fully sorted, needs nothing Cruiser.

Seasons change. It was time to buy the van. Today I will be trying to figure out how in the heck I’m going to fit everything in the garage. I don’t think it’s going to work very well.

73ED01FB-BA06-4F2F-943B-1DC426D266B1.jpeg

Congrats on the Honda and the upcoming baby. I actually went as far as getting an estimate to ship your LC to WA state =)
Thanks! I think we’re almost to the end of the road on this sale. I wish I could’ve bought it like this to begin with. It would’ve saved me 10+ grand. It’s a screaming deal at this point. I’d say if anyone wants it they better hurry.

Done, and...done. If anyone has any questions about how to update your cruiser along the lines of this one, let me know. It’s gonna suck to not have a badass Land Cruiser sitting around, but at least I won’t have a badass Land Cruiser sitting around doing nothing.

865B14AA-30FF-4E95-BE4A-6B8434502309.jpeg

81B850C2-D7B4-4FBF-995F-822999B99688.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom