SOLD SOLD, 98 LC, 35s, Lift, Sliders, Hdr/Exhaust, Quad bi-xenon, 147k mi, 16k firm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 4th child is due in April and my Land Cruiser that I thought I would never sell is looking small all of a sudden. We’re planning on more so this has to go at some point. I bought it in 2011 with 129k on it. The truck is beautiful. I know I’m biased, but I think it’s one of the best looking 100s of any year I’ve seen. I specifically didn’t want a newer one so I could avoid the factory navi mess and retrofit a CarPlay set up. You can search “lightwerks land cruiser” on YouTube and see two closeup vids of the xenon retrofit. It’s a joy to drive after dark now. For what it’s worth, mechanics offer to buy it when they get under it. You could eat off the underbody. Looks like an 07 with eye burning headlights and 98 taillights. DT exhaust and headers sound great and really feel like it opens up the breathing of the truck and completely counteract the 35s. It doesn’t sound like a Toyota. As far as I know, and I think I do, the truck is mechanically perfect. I’m in Columbia, MO.

$16,000 Firm

1998 Land Cruiser
146,652 miles

$12,000 of upgrades as follows:

Buffed paint finish
Black color matched body panels
Gold package delete
Quad bi-xenon headlights (Lightwerkz)
05-07 grille
All LED interior and lic plate lights
OME 2.5 lift
03-07 OEM wheels 18 in
325/65 Duratracs 35in (no rubbing)
Spacers
Steam cleaned and coated underbody
DT exhaust and headers
White Knuckle sliders
Pioneer double din head unit with Apple CarPlay Nav and back up cam
Viper alarm with 2 way comm and remote start
Weathertech floor mats
Windows tinted 35%/front, 20%/rear

$4500 in recent maintenance:

Timing belt and water pump
Starter
Ball joints
New emergency brake assembly
Front axle seals
Transfer case
AC refrigerant refill and checked after header install
Doesn’t burn oil at all
New brakes right before I bought it.
29DA9DE1-78B5-4745-A727-E1DABAE54176.jpeg

8CEFB7BA-4B50-4255-ADAA-8C7F21F9B9E0.jpeg

3D285A21-E4E7-405C-AF99-B0D41F920599.jpeg

9FFF8AE2-9DAA-4EFA-9A77-DA5FBB4F67BE.jpeg

E8E5768E-7511-4A24-A444-54654FF5C82D.jpeg

Last edited:
I forgot to put little things like:
A new battery
Alignments
Mobile 1 synthetic every oil change

I’ll just keep adding as I remember:
Viper alarm with 2 way com and remote start

You know someone is going to ask if it has that switch above the drivers knee.....

Damn nice looking rig there! GLWTS!

Nice! Did you every try the vehicle with a single HID setup? I have been curious as to how much difference the second set of HIDs makes. Is that the Depo 1 piece headlight they are installed in?

I will add for anyone looking to buy that the Depo 1 piece headlights make these cars look a decade newer than the older 2 piece that is stock on the car. Well worth the investment to transform the look. Ha ha better yet the HID actually make the headlights the best option available on any vehicle today!

Nice! Did you every try the vehicle with a single HID setup? I have been curious as to how much difference the second set of HIDs makes. Is that the Depo 1 piece headlight they are installed in?

I will add for anyone looking to buy that the Depo 1 piece headlights make these cars look a decade newer than the older 2 piece that is stock on the car. Well worth the investment to transform the look. Ha ha better yet the HID actually make the headlights the best option available on any vehicle today!

I went from the halogens to the 2 projectors/per, so i never had a single in this one. I’ve seen some single projectors that are crazy strong before though. I’ve got them pointed very low right now as I thought I was going to keep the truck forever and was going to put a bumper/spare on the back that would raise the cutoff line. I didn’t want them in people’s sightline or mirrors.

Headlights are genuine OEM Toyota from cruiserparts.net.

98-05 to 2007 Front Upgrade : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom