98 LC 100 Cold Air Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking for a Cold Air Intake for my 98. Nobody out there seems to make a compatible unit for this year. I can find tons out there for a 99 (specifically a K&N 57-9021 FIPK). I called Toyota about this and if there is any real difference between the 98 vs 99. The tech said no and that any intake upgrade should work just fine. I also asked about the resonator connected to the intake tube and he said that all it does is silence the intake/engine sound. Is this all true? Any suggestions on installing an performance intake on my 98? Thanks.

I think the stock air intake systems are identical on the 1998 and 1999 US-spec Land cruisers. So any aftermarket intake parts that fit the 1999 should also fit the 1998.

I have seen pictures of the K&N aftermarket cold air intake set-up used on the 100-series cruisers, but have not used it myself.

Not sure how great the performance gains would be using the K&N system, and my stock system seems to be working fine for now.:meh:

But if you want to change out the air intake and air filter system, then the K&N system that you mentioned should work fine.

I have heard that the aftermarket K&N intake system does make more noise than the stock set-up.

I installed the K&N cold air intake on my 2001, and have to say horsepower is up and truck is running better than ever. There is a bit of a sound when you really punch it to the floor. I don't really drive like that so it really doesn't effect me. But just normal driving its minimal and I think the gains out weigh the cons if there are any. It was a pretty easy install the only thing that took time was putting the heat shield together. I have always used k&N filters and this was my first cold air. I am very satisfied. eBay is way cheaper than k&N I paid $230 free ship and was at my house in two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom