98 land cruiser unichip plug-n-play (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you have a supercharger?

Sorry, I just read the top description:
“ ’98-’00 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7L V8 (2UZ-FE) with TRD Supercharger. ” I didn’t see “also normally aspirated” in the lower.

I’m not sure what the benefits would be without some other performance add on (like a supercharger).

I haven't screwed around with the 2UZ, so take this with a grain of salt. Tuning a relatively high efficiency N/A engine without some significant mechanical/fuel mods is unlikely to yield fun results. You have to increase engine damage risk quite a bit to get anything fun out of it. A simple chip isn't going to do anything worthwhile, IMO.

If you want some real power, find a supercharger, throw on a turbo or go buy a car that's more welcoming for power add-ons. There are a TON of fun and fast (and even cheapish) cars out there. The 100 just isn't in that category.

No experience with the 2UZ but Unichip make a good difference in naturally aspirated 1FZ and 1GR engines. Obviously a tuning shop that have worked with Unichip is definitely beneficial.
I have driven 80 series tuned with Unichip and it does make a difference in power.

No experience with the 2UZ but Unichip make a good difference in naturally aspirated 1FZ and 1GR engines. Obviously a tuning shop that have worked with Unichip is definitely beneficial.
I have driven 80 series tuned with Unichip and it does make a difference in power.
Unichip is hard to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom