98-02 ARB bumper has a gap between bumper and fender on 2000 land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I do NOT have a body lift.
How is that possible?
Is it normal?
Is there a way to adjust it?

IMG_3376.JPG

Did you install it?
Kind of, I install it with my mechanic. I read through the installation instruction, there isn't any description to adjust the bumper. We slide the part with the winch plate into the frame, put winch on, and bolt the bull bar on.

Kind of, I install it with my mechanic. I read through the installation instruction, there isn't any description to adjust the bumper. We slide the part with the winch plate into the frame, put winch on, and bolt the bull bar on.

I know on the 03+, which is what I had you could shift it on the mounts pretty easily before "pinning" it. You may want to look at the mounts and see if you can loosen everything and use a rubber mallet to shift it into place.

I know on the 03+, which is what I had you could shift it on the mounts pretty easily before "pinning" it. You may want to look at the mounts and see if you can loosen everything and use a rubber mallet to shift it into place.
Thank you so much! I will try and update this thread if I succeed

Loosen all the bolts and remove the pinning bolts if you drilled those yourself. Have someone lift the bar while you tighten the bolts. Also paint the lower piece of the fender black, looks much better even if you can’t shore up the gap a bit.

71F332FB-64C2-4965-8074-757FD280D78E.jpeg

Loosen all the bolts and remove the pinning bolts if you drilled those yourself. Have someone lift the bar while you tighten the bolts. Also paint the lower piece of the fender black, looks much better even if you can’t shore up the gap a bit.

View attachment 1948672
Thanks! How much gap do you have after you adjust the bumper? 0.5inch?

Here’s the gap on my 01 maybe a little less than 1/2”
FFEAA70E-8122-43DF-8BFC-B4142D53F8F7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom