craigslist 97 White Poverty Pack: GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clean good looking rig!
Not a full poverty pack. But it really looks great.

Last edited:
Indeed, that rig is clean. Interesting upholstery pattern too.

I must be ignorant. What is the market for 80s today?

Last edited:
Although that "2FE(?)" engine can make one wonder.

Shame they think it’s worth 17K, what is wrong with the Cruiser market?

Agreed! I just found one with 30k less original miles for $5500. there’s always a market for suckers who don’t like to shop around!!! :flipoff2:

"If you think thats to much that's fine. Make me an offer. But if you want a clean unit this is the truck."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last sentence in the advertisement.

You sir are why the market is screwed up. No truck, sans lockers, is worth this.
Ok.
Let’s get something straight.

You have a 2005-2009 4runner. Looking to get a 93-97 LC.

There is a reason your truck is worth less everyday, and a clean LC is worth more everyday.

I’m not the reason the market is high. Is because people like you that search for clean LC that are getting hard to find everyday. And of course prices get higher.

I don’t know if you have found one already, looks like you haven’t, i only suggest moving fast.

Good luck.

You can count on three things happening in every Mud for sale thread with a clean 80 series. First, everyone is going to say the price is too high. Second, there is at least one person who bought an identical truck with half the miles and twice the condition from an original owner just last week for $5000 so that’s the market and “you guys are a bunch of suckers.” Third, the posted truck sells for somewhere near the asking price and the new owner is happy with the deal.

Rinse and repeat.

This truck is not locked AND it needs sorting.

The easy, "sucker" money doesn't see cloth seats as a good thing.

An incredibly long, and mostly irrelevant story in the advert doesn't add a few/several $K to the value of an 80.

It's refreshing to see a listing with disclosures.

$0.02

Ok.
Let’s get something straight.

You have a 2005-2009 4runner. Looking to get a 93-97 LC.

There is a reason your truck is worth less everyday, and a clean LC is worth more everyday.

I’m not the reason the market is high. Is because people like you that search for clean LC that are getting hard to find everyday. And of course prices get higher.

I don’t know if you have found one already, looks like you haven’t, i only suggest moving fast.

Good luck.

The market is high because of uneducated buyers paying too much for rigs, largely because of the popularity of Overlanding, and Overland Bound. The drastic price increases lately are not because the trucks are suddenly worth more.

In my experience the people who show up defending these overpriced rigs, are the ones who bought one themselves.

The market is high because of uneducated buyers paying too much for rigs, largely because of the popularity of Overlanding, and Overland Bound. The drastic price increases lately are not because the trucks are suddenly worth more.

In my experience the people who show up defending these overpriced rigs, are the ones who bought one themselves.

I'm not defending the rig in this thread. I have no idea if it will sell for close to the asking price. My point is simply that there are fewer and fewer nice, clean rigs for sale these days. I think we are way past the point of wishful thinking for a day in which we can all open up the Classifieds and have our pick of 5 clean rigs at sub $10k prices.

The same convo has been had in the 60 series forums and those prices have not come down either.

I'm not defending the rig in this thread. I have no idea if it will sell for close to the asking price. My point is simply that there are fewer and fewer nice, clean rigs for sale these days. I think we are way past the point of wishful thinking for a day in which we can all open up the Classifieds and have our pick of 5 clean rigs at sub $10k prices.

The same convo has been had in the 60 series forums and those prices have not come down either.

I think the Cruiser in this post is a gorgeous rig, but it’s not worth $17k. You are probably right, but I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom