97 TLC...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is pretty much not going to be much help but... You might need to program the fob through the module. Sounds like something might have changed and I'd try that first. Also do a search and you'll find a thread started by DesertMaster with a ton of explanations and a link to a site that has the manual for that system in PDF form. Of course check fuses and such also.

Razor,
The alarm manuals are on my home page. It's also known as Beowulf's Elaborate Web Site. It's snazzy.

If anyone is interested, I have the RS3000 alarm installation manual and the wiring diagrams. They are in PDF format but I haven't uploaded them to the site.
-B-

Razor,
You probably have the RS3000 alarm unless your truck was sold by Gulf States Toyota. If so, you're on your on 'cause I don't have those manuals. (If anyone does then please scan and send me the images.)

The last page (listed as pg 14) is very clear and easy to read. It describes replacing the battery in the key fob. Are you sure you have a good jpeg viewer? Open the images with IE because I am certain the images are clear and readable.

If you're still having problems let me know and I can either post the new PDF's or e-mail them to you.

-B-

The ECU for the RS3000 alarm is under the driver's seat on the US vehicles. That is what the dealer will access to do the reset. You can do it yourself very easily once you read the manual.

For the record, I believe John Holmaas (landpimp) is the creator of the scans, so kudos to him for the original posts.... years and years ago.
-B-

Rick,
Do you have the RS3000? Do you have electric seats? Just curious...
-B-

B,
Yes I have both. Just checked and to clearify it was attached to a module which is next to the column and not the column itself. Initially I had almost no range with the FOB. Mainly it was because the Keyless module was wire tied to that other module base side out so the reception was terrible. I know that there is an antenna for the unit but haven't gotten back in there as once I rotated the unit so base was toward the other module it works at about 15~20 ft now.

Razor,
You're right, the instructions are pretty straight forward. Maybe disconnecting the battery got something confused. It won't hurt to disconnect it again, then try the reset procedures.

Rick,
Mine had the glass breakage ECU and the antenna in the area you described but the main alarm ECU is under the driver's seat.

-B-

Razor,
Since you have the RS3000, I will post up the new manuals to the web site. The installation and wiring manuals might help you but be aware that these are not *true* factory alarms and the guy at the POE that installed yours might have moved things around a little... like Rick's.
-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=5733;start=msg45620#msg45620 date=1064766437]
the guy at the POE that installed yours might have moved things around a little... like Rick's.
-B-

[/quote]

A nice way to say that some lazy half assed hack installed the unit :D

Razor,
New RS3000 manuals are up. Whew... that was a PITA.

They're big so you will want to Rt-Click, then Save Target, then save the .PDF's on your local drive.

-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=5733;start=msg45751#msg45751 date=1064812300]
Razor,
New RS3000 manuals are up. Whew... that was a PITA.

They're big so you will want to Rt-Click, then Save Target, then save the .PDF's on your local drive.

-B-

[/quote]

-B- Where are they at? I went to your website and didn't find anything new, just the scanned owners manual. I was hoping there would be some wiring diagram to help me with my aftermarket alarm/keyless entry.

Ben,

I'm picking up the revised pages OK here at work and they tested OK from home last night. You should see a section like:

RS3000 Alarm Manuals
Owners Guide
Troubleshooting Info
Installation Instructions for '97 Land Cruiser
Electronic Wiring Diagram

The links under the RS3000 Alarm Manuals actually take you to another web site that I had to set up for these manuals. These free web hosting sites have a 50MB limit and the manuals were too big so I had to improvise.

Refresh the page and try again. If it doesn't work I'll post the direct links.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom