97 stumbles/ hesitates on light acceleration and low/rough idle, but only in the summer?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks everyone for the recs and info. I took off the air intake hose and inspected... i also took the one off my 94 and put it on the 97... no change. i did a lot of reading here on mud on EGR over the weekend.... i learned waaay more than i ever thought i would about the topic from this site, which is not surprising and its so great to have a resource like mud with such a wealth of information and tech savvy members willing to help. Looking back, i should have dug into the EGR more from the beginning so thanks for the patience. Since i don't have to worry about emissions tests and nosey inspectors, the delete looks fairly straight forward and seems to have been done correctly. I will have an electrician friend inspect the wiring harness in greater detail. the smoke machine tester might be what the Dr. ordered... there has to be a vacuum leak somewhere that I'm not finding. i have replaced all of the vacuum lines that looked remotely suspect but will finish out replacing the rest of them in this process.

Did you ever figure out what caused this? Mine started doing this recently. It’s been an extremely hot summer in Houston and I suspect the heat is a factor in my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom