97 power antennae (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My power antennae (spelling?) decided it didn't want to go down anymore today. I can hear the motor running but no action. The up/down buttons don't do anything either (moves motor but not antennae). What happened? I figure the antennae got disconnected from the motor maybe? Hard to see in there. Anyone ever replaced that motor? Doesn't look very easy to get out. How does the antennae actually connect to the motor? Is it one piece? Does it thread on? Always worked fine until I turned on the stereo this morning in normal weather conditions.

Thanks for the info

I hate when s*** doesn't work on my rigs
:mad:
Scott

You be where I was a few weeks ago. The power antenna has a plastic geared extension on the end of it that feeds into the motor. Think of the motor as a fishing reel--the plastic geared "fishing line" is what makes the antenna go up and down. Basically, your "line" broke, and you need a new mast. When mine broke, Dan had one in stock (is there anything he doesn't stock?).

Temporary fix: unscrew the top nut on the antenna where it meets the fender (you can use a pin-nose to do this, just be careful not to bugger it up). Then you can pull out the entire antenna mast--with the plastic part (that which remains of it), and cut off the plastic that's still there. Then you can reinsert it and use it like a manual antenna until you get around to replacing the mast.

Real fix: you have to use the procedure(s) that -B- referenced and which you've obviously already found.

Tom

[quote author=Scamper link=board=2;threadid=3966;start=0#msg29106 date=1059398895]
Dan had one in stock (is there anything he doesn't stock?)
[/quote]

Tom, there is, driveshaft yokes.................. ::)

(not yet anyway)

Hope I won't be needing one of those... :D

BTW--like the new avatar. Better than the disco ball looking thing.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom