For Sale 97 Poverty Pack land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
97 land cruiser clean title,3xlocked,155xxx miles
Original poverty pack no sunroof,no 3rd seats,no sliding windows.Has manual cloth seats,grey interior, very clean . Will come with original steel rims 5 pieces with brand new KM2 including spare,also has rear brand new oem AC that needs to be installed,lots of parts.$35K firm
Located in San Jose CA PM for more info.Tnx

EC731ACC-9D44-40AE-9EAF-0C6BD0BEBC88.jpeg
6A88E1C7-FED8-41F8-B292-A260D473A3CD.jpeg
AD4D918F-D40F-4756-8526-5B298B4568A8.jpeg
20601CC6-A5AF-42CE-B255-29A628DF707F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. Love poverty packs!

Can you post some interior photos?

That is a very interesting US market truck. Seems like extensive work has been done to make it look like something sold overseas. Neat and GLWS.
No such thing as a dumb question, so here goes -

What indicates a "US market truck"? And besides the body-side molding, is there anything else that's been done to make this truck look like an "overseas" rig?

Also, I thought I read somewhere here on the forums that a "Poverty Pack" did not have fender flares? If so, were these added, or is this not a true "Poverty Pack"?

Last question; can a "Poverty Pack" LC be confirmed by the VIN?

What indicates a "US market truck"? And besides the body-side molding, is there anything else that's been done to make this truck look like an "overseas" rig?

Also, I thought I read somewhere here on the forums that a "Poverty Pack" did not have fender flares? If so, were these added, or is this not a true "Poverty Pack"?

The poverty pack won't have the sunroof either.

The only thing I've seen that provide indication of a US market truck is the cloth pattern on the seats, the fender flares, and the black paint surrounding the rear quarter windows.

Here's a list of all of the overseas indicators as I see them (all appearing OEM):
Tire carrier
Rear hatch ladder
Offset license plate holder
VX badge
Quad headlights
Solid rear quarter windows (they were available USDM but pretty rare)
The bar that goes across the rear quarter panel window in the inside trim
Hood wind deflector
Window visors
Clear corner turn signal indicators

Edit: Says no sunroof in the post, looks legit.

There are varying levels of "poverty pack" and I'd argue that there isn't a "true poverty pack"

The items you listed are all part of options, or lack of options, that indicates a "poverty pack".

If you want to stick with a "true poverty pack" approach, such an optioned vehicle wouldn't have front and rear lockers, either.

The most true poverty pack would be the overseas GX trim. Vinyl floors, no flare, no sunroof, no center console, manual windows, and so on.

Diesel or gas?

Is this struck a diesel or gas truck? Engine bay pics pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom