97 Lxfofiddys build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

went ahead and removed all the radiator hoses. as well as the no. 3 water bypass hose

20191213_142905.jpg

20191213_142859.jpg

couldn't get the nut on the egr pipe to budge so i just disconnected the bottom and took the 2 nuts off the studs at the top and slid it out as one assembly

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

finally starting to look a little better. went ahead and took the valve cover off now that most things are out of the way. Seals and gasket crumbled as i took it off.

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

Removing was super simple since all the cables were already disconnected. Just had to undo the two short top bolts and the two long bottom bolts. Undo the coolant line going to keep the tb from freezing up. and then undo the iac valve connector and throttle position sensor connector on top.

IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

IMG_7408.JPG

getting the fuel filter off as well as the lines. Definitely a way easier process not in the truck

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

Removed all the connectors from the fuel rail as well as undid all the plugs and sensors so i could go ahead and feed the wiring up.

IMG_7422.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

Removed the upper plenum it uses a couple different nuts and bolts and with everything else out and all vacuum lines disconnected it slid right out

IMG_7421.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

went ahead and took off the water outlet at the top driver side along withe gasket. Also went ahead and removed the ac and ac bracket from the block

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

At a decent stopping point while i work the next 10 days. i have got the engine covered and a decent degrease job done. While at work this week ill start getting parts ordered. This is gonna add up quick. Hopefully some time next week ill get the head pulled and taken to the machine shop. Still not 100% what if anything ill do to the block. I Will definitely be getting new gaskets and seals everywhere. I will also be changing all hoses and vacuum hoses. Also plan on changing all the egr pieces under the plenum while its off.

IMG_7456.JPG

This thread hasn't gotten the feedback I would have expected. Maybe because it's simple to those who know and those who don't, don't know what to say.

Either way. As a guy who doesn't know much, I've found the pics and write-up to be extremely interesting and awesome insight into what it looks like if I ever have to do it.

Thanks for sharing!

Dropped the head off at the machine shop today. Hung some art. Pretty productive today. Now just more parts ordering

IMG_20191230_190928_877.jpg

IMG_20191227_160550_927.jpg

That head def needs work. Looks like this head (engine) was neglected and had very infrequent oil changes.The block walls look ok from the pics. Doesn't look like it had a HG leak but it is a little hard to tell because of the angles and resolution
Yeah it's not terrible...but that's why m getting it machined and cleaned up

Got my valve cover back from creative custom finishing. Also a shot of the head from the machine shop just waiting on valve seals to show up

IMG_20200108_150622_859.jpg

IMG_20200108_140245_717.jpg

Valve seals would be in your grind or overhaul kit from Mr. T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom