97 LX450 Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found an immaculate White 97 LX450 3x locked for sale with a 2 inch thick book of maint records done during its life. Literally everything you can think of. Exterior is cherry as well as interior. No rust really on undercarriage either. IT has 215k and guy wants 9500. Im thinking this is a great deal and I should jump on it. But the mileage has me worried. Opinions? I know these things last for a long time and with the maint history I shouldnt worry.

I s
I found an immaculate White 97 LX450 3x locked for sale with a 2 inch thick book of maint records done during its life. Literally everything you can think of. Exterior is cherry as well as interior. No rust really on undercarriage either. IT has 215k and guy wants 9500. Im thinking this is a great deal and I should jump on it. But the mileage has me worried. Opinions? I know these things last for a long time and with the maint history I shouldnt worry.

I suppose it would depend on where the vehicle spent most of its life. IF in the 'rust belt' I'd be taking a good look at the frame and undercarriage. "Rust" seems to be a somewhat subjective term....based on where you are from and what is considered 'normal' for your area.

IF not rusty, I'd say yes, a triple locked LX with good service history (at 215K) would be worth $9500.00 in my neck of the woods, all day long.

Agreed, if not rusted. Its a fair deal. If things continue the way they are going it will cost you more a few years down the road. I'm big on preventative maintenance and rust free and I'm always willing to pay up for those things. Remember, this is the internet and someone will be along shortly to tell you they bought one identical for 2K...

If its worth it to you, then its worth it. However, I think its a pretty decent deal as you described it.

definitely worth it, just budget for a potential rebuild in the future with that mileage.

Yea, if the maintenance is up to date, it's rust and accident free then I'd say that sounds fair. Regarding maintenance, I want to see the front axle service, brakes, tune up, and common oil leaks all addressed recently. A nice set of tires with good tread remaining is nice too.

From my perspective it's all about the lockers...yea or nay... No issues on pricing if as u described but for what we do with the 80's in the Midwest, the "magic dial" needs to be part of the kit. I'd be keen on digging thru the maintenance records looking for a replaced head gasket as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom