‘97 LX450 putting it in reverse seems to shred the front axle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

money on it being a drive flange and/or worn out splines on the birf.

i have also seen the caliper bolts come out but the grinding noise says drive flange.

I don’t think I can get to the brake calip
money on it being a drive flange and/or worn out splines on the birf.

i have also seen the caliper bolts come out but the grinding noise says drive flange.
Thank you for your post
they just put brand new calipers on
I looked at the receipt - there’s a lot but nothing about a drive flange. Too bad they missed it - seems like it would’ve been easy for them to fix while they had the truck

The work on the axle...idk if this is helpful to anyone

BDC374F1-8C6B-4A6F-AC23-A7BC072A4742.jpeg

8BA9B6A5-AFA1-4C8B-980B-A5620C2D14AA.jpeg

so yeah, they changed the birf and drive flange.

I was expecting to be driving rather than sitting. It is a shame because man does this engine run smooth with the new plugs and no oil in the plug tubes.

I was expecting to be driving rather than sitting. It is a shame because man does this engine run smooth with the new plugs and no oil in the plug tubes.
And the brakes are awesome!! Dammit I love this truck already - what the F?

haha. No I mean why do you think it broke again 30 miles later ?
The seller said he had just had the trans rebuilt - is there any chance things were reassembled improperly and that’s why it’s breaking ?

because some kid younger than the truck did the work, who has never seen a solid axle toyota, and didnt do it right.

thats my best guess.
Thank you and that really was funny btw. Needed the laugh. 👍🏼

if you buy a 25 year old vehicle that wasnt really popular when new you either need DEEP pockets or learn to wrench. sounds like you arent going to fix it yourself so i highly suggest you find a cruiser shop to do the work. its going to be expensive but you will get it done right. i have no idea who all is in your local area but ask around. they are odd balls that need some special stuff.

Yes, the brake ca
if you buy a 25 year old vehicle that wasnt really popular when new you either need DEEP pockets or learn to wrench. sounds like you arent going to fix it yourself so i highly suggest you find a cruiser shop to do the work. its going to be expensive but you will get it done right. i have no idea who all is in your local area but ask around. they are odd balls that need some special stuff.
There isn't a lot there. But have pointed him in some directions. We have some local guys that possible could assist, but no real "cruiser" places here even.

Just take the driveshaft out of the thing and be done with it for now. Two 14mm wrenches and pulling one fuse.

Just take the driveshaft out of the thing and be done with it for now. Two 14mm wrenches and pulling one fuse.
He PM'd, I tried to explain the removal the best I could. Thank you for backing that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom