97 LX450 engine oil dipstick tube leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. Road salt season in my area seems to be over. Time to get the Cruiser out. My 97LX with 1FZFE has a slight oil leak- occasional drip. It’s got a new short block and everything was resealed a few years back. I’ve tracked the leak to where the upper and lower oil pans join, and right between the oil dipstick tube port and the oil level sensor port. It’s always kind of damp there. The o-ring for the oil level sensor was replaced when the motor work was done. The dipstick tube port looks like some black gasket maker was used to seal it. On parts diagrams it looks like there should be an o-ring there. I can’t find any mention of this area in my FSM. I have the o-ring that is listed in the parts diagram. Anybody have any experience with a leak in the dipstick tube area where it goes into the pan? If an o-ring is there, any advice on how it is installed? On the tube, or just in the hole on the pan? Maybe I just overlooked this in my FSM, but I’ve looked through it several times. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220410-110755_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20220410-110841_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Anyone found a replacement for the grommet that sits above the o-ring? Doesn't look like there's a replacement for it in any of the parts diagrams I've found and it shattered when I tried to clean it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom