97 LX Dead in Denver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rig finally gave out; 338k+ engine knocking. Any interest or recommendations appreciated.

Jeffery 509-579-2267
It’s -15*F. If you’re running 15W-40, that oil gets thick af in cold like this, which could cause knocking on startup.

My rig finally gave out; 338k+ engine knocking. Any interest or recommendations appreciated.

Jeffery 509-579-2267
Tell us more about what happened.

Post up a video (link) of the engine running (is it still running?).

Diagnose it first but Someone just posted a pullout drivetrain for 1500 recently. Pretty sure it was in your area.

I sold a running 1fz with 190k for 500$ to a guy that blew his HG. He called me years later to tell me he sold the truck but thanked me for helping him make the best decision to swap and run for another several years vs sell or rebuild.

Do you have a Wix or Napa Gold oil filter on it?

I’d take it to cruiser shop over there, there is a couple of um. Mine knocked for 35k or something 6 years of driving it was not a daily but I drove it least once a week. My buddy in junction might have time to swap another engine into it if you are not in a hurry, he is cruiser Toyota shop

I'm in berthoud and am currently finishing up an engine for another client. I'd be happy to take a listen for ya.

IMG_8968.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom