craigslist ‘97 LX, 95k mi, Locked, Springfield, MO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine, no affiliation.

Came across this one in my search for a clean rig. I looked it over and drove it. I’m curious as to your thoughts on price? Owner is asking $15k and I don’t think they'll budge enough to keep my interest.

The good: 2 owner (per the current owner, doctor in Arkansas first and currently a middle aged couple in MO), only 95k mi, lockers, runs and drives well.

The bad: appears to have had no major preventative maintenance done; just regular oil changes. Rear drivers quarter was backed into and the repair was only a partial dent pull; still visible. Also, quite a bit more rust than I was hoping to see underneath.

1997 LEXUS LX 450 4X4

Last edited:
Certainly a rarity to be that low of miles. Appears to be a clean example that has spent most of its life in a garage. IMO , a locked clean original 80 under 100k miles would typically be worth at least $15000. Think of the capability and longevity your buying. The rust is the one thing you said that might scare me off. Little surface stuff here and there can be addressed but would have to be very minor. Tempted myself to hop a plane and go get it;). As far as needed maintenance updates, if you have a quality mechanic do all the oil seals, vacuum lines, belts, hoses...probably plan on $2000 or so.

Thanks for the feedback. When I first came across the listing, I told my wife I was shocked it was still for sale and the price was well in line. Unfortunately, I've got a pretty hard line budget right at the asking price and that would include the $$$ to get the truck baselined. Nothing was concerning regarding the drivetrain at all. However, I am just not very well versed in acceptable levels of rust on these. Much of it was surface rust and I don't recall seeing any crazy frame rot. But there were definitely areas that would need more TLC than a wire brush and elbow grease. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos while I was there. If anyone is close by and wants to take a gander, feel free to look it over and let me know I am an overreacting rookie... :). I'll probably regret this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom