For Sale 97 locked 80 white locked ky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m putting this here first so it can be kept in the family. I’m not posting for people to give me their opinions. I know what I have and have seen others sell for top dollar. If you want to complain you can’t afford it. I’m looking to sell my 97. Beautiful truck with 48k on the clock. The truck was stolen in 99 and actually has 22k on it. The interior was removed as was the cluster. It has a clean title in my name. All parts were replaced in 99 with the best available at the time. In the last month I have changed all the fluids, new rotors and pads, front and rear wheel bearing service and a new battery. This truck is stunning. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m gonna start at $40,000.

E8355621-3697-4FDA-A3C0-1FE33EB6E02A.jpeg

EE99C390-E577-477A-8E3D-FF5F2A64A583.jpeg

B28FC22D-319E-447B-8EE9-003797515B06.jpeg

29DA826F-860B-47A0-9FD9-2A31F858B77C.jpeg

5482ADF2-7D0B-481B-8A62-4C355FE24314.jpeg

What exactly would you argue about?

You said pics don’t lie. I argue they do if something critical like the instrument cluster and interior have been swapped out after a truck has been stolen. It’s very easy to lie or tell a certain narrative with pics which is why sellers have to be open and easy to work with. Pics can most definitely lie.

Agreed completely with @ace10. I'm a prospective buyer and wouldn't touch this listing. I've dealt with enough aggro/withholding sellers for a lifetime.

(Fortunately I'm picking one up tomorrow if all goes well.)

I'm pretty sure the truck has minimal miles on it. Look at the inner fender wells. The front end still has oem paint where there would be grease. Of course, in person it may not look as good but I don't think so. This rig is a keeper, not one to clean up and resell IMO. OEM Lockers!

Drool. Check out condition of steering wheel.

Ok, so let all get online and locate a perfect interior and a low mileage cluster. I guess it’s that easy.

Its a nice looking rig, no doubt. Will be interesting to see if someone bites at 40k or close to it. Keep us posted.

So does it have 22K or 48K miles? You seem to have said both.

Can you tell me what happened during the time it was stolen, such that it needed a new interior [as opposed to just re-covering the seats], and the cluster?

Anyone have an opinion on the degree of rust, particularly the underside
of the running boards?? Is that normal for Missouri?? IDK.

Anyone have an opinion on the degree of rust, particularly the underside
of the running boards?? Is that normal for Missouri?? IDK.
From the pics, doesn't seem like much to worry about. Impossible to say for certain though without getting under the truck. But for $40k most would expect perfection so that alone is enough to turn me off...pair that with the fact that the entire interior has been swapped and whatever indecipherable story OP is trying to communicate about the ODO reading this ad is a bit of a cluster to say the least.

Last edited:
Always in the hunt for pristine 80's. Have bought a couple in the same range of this one; i would definitely run away over and over after your description and defensiveness. If you want to sell a $40k vehicle, behave like the truck is worth that.
GLWS!

If you want to complain you can’t afford it.

Always in the hunt for pristine 80's. Have bought a couple in the same range of this one; i would definitely run away over and over after your description and defensiveness. If you want to sell a $40k vehicle, behave like the truck is worth that.
GLWS!

Apparently the problem is we just can't afford it :rolleyes:

It’s a clean LC80 but this is not the place to be listing an 80 for $40K regardless of the condition. Add to that the questionable history and well this is the place to get a fast very sharp response. I honestly feel sorry for the person who is so self absorbed that they think that a super low mileage LC80 over say one with a 125K on it would improve their life. Here is hoping that you can find that person but when you do, you had better respond with a more respectful tone because something tells me that person will want his ass kissed for this amount of coin. Have fun finding that $40K buyer but I can tell you that he is not on Mud...
GLWS

There is probably not another 80 in this condition in existence. If you want the cleanest, lowest mileage 80, this is it.

@mcgaskins "And for those reasons, I'm out" - Sharktank

OP has a nice truck, but I agree there is some confusion and lack of clarity which will steer lots of buyers away regardless of the condition.

For what it's worth, I PM'ed the seller on Wednesday with a sincere intent to be openminded and gain an understanding of history, context, and real condition.

He indicated in his initial posts that he was interested in sharing more detail only with serious buyers. If everything checks out, I would be interested, albeit understandably at a cost somewhere between his price and what the market has indicated it is willing to stretch to. I am even a non-typical MUD member in that I prefer low miles, as close to mint as possible, and, as in the case of my HJ60, have never even driven it in the rain for the 4 years after restoration, let alone off road!

That being said, I have received no response. Why list the thing, treat respondents with antagonism, then ignore those he invites to engage in serious conversation? Doesn't do much but imply strongly the truck ultimately is not what he claims it to be. Disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom