For Sale 97 locked 80 white locked ky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m putting this here first so it can be kept in the family. I’m not posting for people to give me their opinions. I know what I have and have seen others sell for top dollar. If you want to complain you can’t afford it. I’m looking to sell my 97. Beautiful truck with 48k on the clock. The truck was stolen in 99 and actually has 22k on it. The interior was removed as was the cluster. It has a clean title in my name. All parts were replaced in 99 with the best available at the time. In the last month I have changed all the fluids, new rotors and pads, front and rear wheel bearing service and a new battery. This truck is stunning. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m gonna start at $40,000.

E8355621-3697-4FDA-A3C0-1FE33EB6E02A.jpeg

EE99C390-E577-477A-8E3D-FF5F2A64A583.jpeg

B28FC22D-319E-447B-8EE9-003797515B06.jpeg

29DA826F-860B-47A0-9FD9-2A31F858B77C.jpeg

5482ADF2-7D0B-481B-8A62-4C355FE24314.jpeg

Beautiful truck with 48k on the clock. The truck was stolen in 99 and actually has 22k on it. The interior was removed as was the cluster. It has a clean title in my name. All parts were replaced in 99 with the best available at the time.

This is very confusing. So it was stolen and you swapped in a different instrument cluster that shows differing miles from what is actually on the truck? That means the title history will show a theft and true miles unknown. How can you prove the actual miles? It would be a good idea to post a Carfax and service records.

also confused, yet intrigued!

GLWS

It’s a clear title with 48,000 miles on it. The condition of the truck in person is how you would agree. Serious buyers will be provided all the info they need. This isn’t my first cruiser or cruiser sale. I’m prepared to take my time.

I didn’t swap in the cluster. It is all shown in the car fax. It was done in 99. The truck was stolen with 7000 miles. All documented. At the end of the day it’s a damn clean 80 unlike any I have ever seen. The motor, handling, power, everything reflects crazy like new qualities.

I’m putting this here first so it can be kept in the family. I’m not posting for people to give me their opinions. I know what I have and have seen others sell for top dollar. If you want to complain you can’t afford it. I’m looking to sell my 97. Beautiful truck with 48k on the clock. The truck was stolen in 99 and actually has 22k on it. The interior was removed as was the cluster. It has a clean title in my name. All parts were replaced in 99 with the best available at the time. In the last month I have changed all the fluids, new rotors and pads, front and rear wheel bearing service and a new battery. This truck is stunning. Feel free to contact me with questions. I’m gonna start at $40,000.

Suggestion...

OP, re-read the first post from the perspective of a prospective buyer....

It's very confusing and a bit hostile.

I didn’t swap in the cluster. It is all shown in the car fax. It was done in 99. The truck was stolen with 7000 miles. All documented. At the end of the day it’s a damn clean 80 unlike any I have ever seen. The motor, handling, power, everything reflects crazy like new qualities.

And your second post which attempts to clarify the Odo story actually makes it even less clear, at least to me.

Last edited:
Prospective buyers will contact me personally. If your asking questions on here your prob not the guy. Not trying to be rude but there aren’t hundreds of people out there looking to buy an 80 at this price. If your in the market you would want to jump on it due to the condition.

Well that's a real nice real clean truck!

Among the Land Cruisers I currently own, two of them are sub 100K mile, locked, pristine, no story FZJ80s. Both of them were acquired via Mud listings. Neither were cheap, by any means. Sometimes I ask questions publicly, other times privately.

Selling a car to another individual isn't just about the actual vehicle. It's about the presentation. The price. The condition. The ownership history. A low Odo is great, but only if it's backed up with documentation.

I read hundreds and hundreds of FS listings each and every week.
Ads which are confusing, lack clarity or appear to obfuscate important details don't get saved or bookmarked. This is why I spend very little time on craigslist. Most of it is crap.

Selfishly, I'd like to see you get your price, as it's in my best interest. And I'm trying to help you see what your listing looks like to prospective shoppers, but I don't think it's working. Transparency is your friend.

The presentation your looking for would be given if you were a buyer. It’s obvious your just here for entertainment. That’s totally fine. Like I said previously, I have been at this for over 20 years. If I post all the wonderful things you want to see I would get 20 people telling me how it could be better. That said, I will patiently wait for who I’m looking for. They will show up. They always do. If your a buyer you would want to jump on this.

The pictures don't lie.

Its a super clean rig. Ive seen it in
Person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom