97 LC, SOR and need opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve researched and read the forums until I’m crazy but still don’t have a clear direction. I need front seat covers. After tons of research I’ve decided to go with SOR’s Tuff Ducks. As you can see from the pic below, I have the oak interior. SOR’s told me yesterday they have discontinued their Oak Tuff Duck covers. That leaves brown, grey and mocha. Any opinions and pics related to which of those colors look best in the oak interior WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED!

Thanks

Robert

14F010DC-0274-431B-B1AD-C3CF08B3BBEF.jpeg

I used to be a huge advocate for SOR Tuff Duck covers…but mine started tearing after just a couple years of use. Considering the cost, I can no longer recommend them. I suggest getting Marathon covers, which are what I replaced my SOR covers with. The Marathon covers are tougher, offered in more colors than both SOR and Escape Gear, and arguably fit better. Plus they’re made here in the USA, in Montana.

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked hard at the Marathons but the fit seemed baggy or wrinkled. Do you have pics of your covers that you could share?

Thanks
Herrett

Love my Escape Gear covers but may be to wrinkled for you.

IMG_20191202_154816.jpg

I really like my wet okole. Not crazy durable in the high friction areas but, fit is supreme as is comfort.

Those Rscape gear are high quality no doubt and WO are form fitting but I’m looking at the SORs because of their fit and material. Maty still consider the Marathons due to color selection. Just trying to decide on the best color. Hell if I can’t decide may just go Camo, it’s a hunting truck after all. But leaning towards the brown now.

Robert

Marathon for me. Got some for my (sold) 03 tundra and loved them. Now a set in the 100. The 80 will be next.

I have had the marathons installed since 2018 and they are still in fantastic shape. Below is a thread with some color comparisons to an oak interior. Marathon has amazing customer service!

I had a friend with tuff ducks and they seemed nice. When I was researching covers and asked SOR some questions I was not impressed with our comms.

Last edited:
At the prices manufacturers want for "custom" seat covers, I think you could get an upholstery shop to recover the seats and replace the pads to boot. Maybe I'm wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom