Wanted 97 Landcruiser 40th/Collector Ed. Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seeking a full set of 5 (but will consider 4 if that’s all you have) 40th Anniv. Or Collectors Ed. rims in excellent condition. May be willing to trade my mint LX450 rims for them, or pay $. PM me.

Much easier to find a regular set and have them all refinished. I used a place right there in LA area. OEM wheels.com.

Much easier to find a regular set and have them all refinished. I used a place right there in LA area. OEM wheels.com.
Are you saying the 40th rims are just refinished versions of the regular 80 series rims? If so, what’s the difference in finish?

Yes, 1997 wheels on 40th and CE are just stock 80 alloys with medium gray metallic paint on the inserts. Be cautious to ensure the shop uses the correct shade of metallic gray. My shop got them a little dark but they look fantastic so I really didn't mind.

Call Frank at StockWheels.com They are a supplier in Sante Fe Springs, CA Not cheap but they did a great job. Looks like you are in Los Angeles so you save the $30 per wheel in shipping.
tempImageXlXoxp.png
37C10F1B-7CC4-479B-961B-5378DB47AB16_1_201_a.jpeg

I am experimenting with different center aps. Bottom are cheap imported knockoffs that look great and fit well. Top is the OEM that I repainted and restored but are not perfect. Not sure what direction to go. Both look great.

Last edited:
Be cautious as early FZJ80 alloys (93-95ish) had acorn lugs. The later FZJ80's used flat/washer style lug nuts.

How to tell on wheels which is which? Newb here
Lug holes have a flat area where the lugs with washers go. The acorns have a beveled lug hole for the shape of the "acorn" lug nuts. Most good suppliers will address this issue when you order the wheels. If they do not know, then you are dealing with the wrong supplier.

Last edited:
Lug holes have a flat area where the lugs with washers go. The acorns have a beveled lug hole for the shape of the "acorn" lug nuts. Most good suppliers will address this issue when you order the wheels. If they do not know, then you are dealing with the wrong supplier.

I meant the oem LC 16” wheels. Don’t think I ever see ones thst uses the acorn

Yes. The acorn types are rare but you do see them available on the reman sites so you have to be cautious

bump

Any idea what the paint code is for this? I have my OEM parts that are yellow and I wanted to restore them.
No idea. My wheels were painted a GM dark met gray. It is an incorrect color. Someone on this site will know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom