For Sale 97 land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

19FEBB9A-D455-47FF-9B1E-93A90B5B156A.jpeg
AA68D7D4-9B53-4B5E-90AC-444F7EF2EDF3.jpeg
58AA59E5-733A-4E89-8272-84DA3D1E2E0E.jpeg
4448BBFA-884E-4C80-ACD6-D0309F0B4C64.jpeg
17F1530D-05E2-4210-9059-C535A4A1C48E.jpeg
Selling a 97 40th anniversary land cruiser.
Clean title and passes smog,registered for 2018.Has 206xxx miles.No lockers,16x8 Bradely rims with brandnew 285/75/16 dunlop tires.Everything is stock.AC and heater works,no oil leaks,transmission works perfect.All window and power locks work,has stock alarm key.Oxidation on the hood and roof,dent on driver side fender and at rear below tailight.No rust.Interior is in good condition 2 front seats are in decent.$7500.Located in San Jose CA

Very clean! Had I not just picked mine up last week I'd definitely be interested in yours. GLWS!

yup! instead of trying to breathe life into my total boat anchor I decided to get something rust free from California as a base. working on the shipping now.
I've got the same conflict, bought a 1991 fj80, everything works, but needs tlc, and has typical east coast rust. Doing an axle rebuilt this week, new brake, calipers, rotors, etc too. Engine does not leak anymore either. I already dived in, so I'm toughing it out. But next cruiser will be a better starting point considering todays' market. I got over enthusiastic and bought a bigger project than expected, but i'm inexperienced compared to the LC OG's here. I'm learning quick.

I've got the same conflict, bought a 1991 fj80, everything works, but needs tlc, and has typical east coast rust. Doing an axle rebuilt this week, new brake, calipers, rotors, etc too. Engine does not leak anymore either. I already dived in, so I'm toughing it out. But next cruiser will be a better starting point considering todays' market. I got over enthusiastic and bought a bigger project than expected, but i'm inexperienced compared to the LC OG's here. I'm learning quick.

Sounds familiar! I bought all the parts for axle rebuild, even new birfs and all bearings etc then realised it was never going to be a good truck, lived in Aberdeen for too long I think, way too much rust. Check out the callipers on the back!

image1.jpeg

Are those barnacles on that caliper?!?

@AmsterdamGav look into a product called fluid film. Not sure if they sell it there, but maybe you could have the seller tuck a few cans in the 80 when it ships! You spray it on once a year and it keeps a good barrier against the salt, mag chloride, or whatever the local flavor of road de-icer they might use across the pond. It kept my 80 clean until I could get out of Wisconsin!

Are those barnacles on that caliper?!?

@AmsterdamGav look into a product called fluid film. Not sure if they sell it there, but maybe you could have the seller tuck a few cans in the 80 when it ships! You spray it on once a year and it keeps a good barrier against the salt, mag chloride, or whatever the local flavor of road de-icer they might use across the pond. It kept my 80 clean until I could get out of Wisconsin!
90% of my off road time is going to be on the beach, salt spray, salt fog, salt sand, I already hit the underside with 4 cans. and its going to snow in 36 hrs.

And that caliper looks like someone sprayed black over the crust and dirt. amiright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom