Wanted 97 Land Cruiser or LX 450 3x locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
  2. LX450
Mileage
Color
rgb(149, 255, 0)
Looking to buy a bone stock 97 Land Cruiser or LX450 (40th & CE's are okay too) with factory 3x lock option.
Looking for it to be completely stock (no mods at all), with a clean carfax/autocheck title, preferably under 200k mile, with no rust on the body and little to no rust on the frame, body has to be in decent shape, no major damage or body work. Any color will do.
Needs 3rd row seats, running boards, rear wind deflector (spoiler), stock roof racks optional.
Interior needs to be clean, doesn't need to be perfect, but better than decent.
I know a lot that I listed is subjective, so show me what you got and we'll go from there.
BTW, I'm in Hawaii, so the closer the better. (For shipping purposes)
Mahalo and Aloha! 🤙
Also might consider a 96.

Yeah, I should've pulled the trigger a year ago when I first started my search. But since I've waited this long I might as well wait for the right one. Thanks for you comment! Happy Holidays! 🤙

In the same boat; if I only knew then what I know now I would have bought the first one I saw (a banker had a triple locked 150k that he had just lifted after putting in all new leather and then realized he didn't like as much as his i8...he was selling it for $10k and I passed on it like an idiot). Best of luck in your search...they do come up but they're few and far between. I've been on the search for a couple years and I'm about to just buy a basic rig and spend the money to fix it up myself at this point.

Yeah, I've passed up a few good opportunity as well. So a few days ago I posted a wanted ad on Craigslist (like I did on this forum) here in Hawaii not expecting to get any replies...a guy calls me yesterday and says he has a 40th with factory lockers on the same island I'm on 😲. So, I have another opportunity to purchase, but I wanted it completely stock...I'm okay with it being lifted, but I didn't want it to have after market bumpers like this one does.
With that being said, does anyone know if those NWTI bumpers are welded in place or are they bolt on? I know its a kit that has to be welded together, but is it removable?
If I do decide to get this Cruiser and the bumpers are removable, would anybody be interested in swapping the NWTI for a completely stock bumper set up?

Yeah, I've passed up a few good opportunity as well. So a few days ago I posted a wanted ad on Craigslist (like I did on this forum) here in Hawaii not expecting to get any replies...a guy calls me yesterday and says he has a 40th with factory lockers on the same island I'm on 😲. So, I have another opportunity to purchase, but I wanted it completely stock...I'm okay with it being lifted, but I didn't want it to have after market bumpers like this one does.
With that being said, does anyone know if those NWTI bumpers are welded in place or are they bolt on? I know its a kit that has to be welded together, but is it removable?
If I do decide to get this Cruiser and the bumpers are removable, would anybody be interested in swapping the NWTI for a completely stock bumper set up?
Not sure about the bumpers, but hope it works out for you! If not...don't be shy about posting it for the rest of the folks on the prowl ;)

Will do! Fella said if I don't buy it, he's going to put it up on ebay.

Here it is...still undecided if I'm buying it or not, from the outside it looks good, interior is clean, but under carriage need a lot of work, truck originally came from Illinois so I'm guessing road salt damage.

20201224_120706.jpg

20201224_120134.jpg

Yes, the paint is in good condition, just needs a good buff and wax. I ended up passing on this one and am actually helping the guy sell it on here now. I made a thread for it. "1997 40th AE with factory lockers" if you wanna check it out.
Thanks for your input! 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom