97 fzj80 will not connect to obd2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1st post here. 1997 Toyota fzj80. yesterday I dropped the motor back in after being rebuilt. Everything is hooked up appropriately. Only difference is egr is deleted. I hooked up the snap on scan tool before priming oil pump and could not connect. I have power to obd port. A few minutes later I realized I forgot to bolt ground cable to block. Tryd scanner again and no connection. I had ignition controller unplugged and fuel relay disconnected to prime oil pump. After checking fuse for obd I went ahead and attempted to turn engine over. And nothing no clicks from starter only relay at the kick panel. I tried a different scan tool today and still no connection. There is one large plug next to ecu which I have not found a mate to which I'm assuming is a random for a different model. Any knowledge on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Did I fry the ecm because the ground (cable) was left disconnected and turned ignition to ON position? I still have power everywhere else. Also I'm not sure if obd port was working before engine pull a couple months ago.

IMG_20210430_202402139.jpg

IMG_20210501_091245221.jpg

IMG_20210430_202355889.jpg

IMG_20210502_151717045.jpg

The starter is a rebuild denso from carquest. I'm going to order another one tomorrow. Also I haven't had time to check the neutral saftey switch. This obd issue is throwing me off thinking the problems are related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom