97 fzj80 piezo replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where this piezo is and what I can replace it with? It no longer beeps when I lock or unlock the car. I attempted to turn it off and then on again through the programming setting but it did not come back on. It stopped working a while ago and I probably need to replace it.

It is ziptied over foam to the right of your brake booster in the engine bay. If it has never been touched it should be ziptied to the other wires. Some members replace this and enjoy, some guys rip out the system. I believe many aftermarket piezos will fit just fine.

It is ziptied over foam to the right of your brake booster in the engine bay. If it has never been touched it should be ziptied to the other wires. Some members replace this and enjoy, some guys rip out the system. I believe many aftermarket piezos will fit just fine.

Is this it? it looks a lot smaller than I expected.

IMG_0148.jpg

I didn't even know it beeps when you lock/unlock.... Mine never did lol. Always thought it was weird that my other Toyotas do and this one doesn't...

Or if you feel like spending more money, I think this is the OEM part from Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B00DDF113O
Looks like the one I have under the hood.

It’s easy to do. The old buzzer has a connector you disconnect. If you buy the ebay one you just need two female spade connectors. Just cut the old one off. Strip the wired and crimp the spade connectors on. Very easy.m

I have done all kinds of mods over the years. I should have done this from day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom