Wanted '97 FZJ80 passenger stock headlamp wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for passender side headlamp for 97 cruiser. Must have good clear glass, no chips, cracks, or fogging.

Do you need just the glass or the whole housing?

Is replacing just the glass difficult to do? Separating from housing and reaffixing new glass? Bought a "good condition" junkyard par online only to receive it with chips and a broken mount. Still looking and trying to figure out what i want to do. Like the 4 lamp option, bit to much $$$ right now.

Not that difficult at all. Put the light in the oven and heat it up to 200 degC for about 15 to 20 minutes. The glue/gasket at this point should be soft/sticky after heating it up. Take out the headlight and pry out the lens from the housing. Once you get started it should be pretty easy to remove the lens from the housing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not really with that temperature.

Here you go...the same stuff used for the water plastic shield on doors. Also, just fyi...I have a passenger's side headlight assy listed in the classified ad here as well. Good luck with it.

Thank you for the info on the seal. I tried to search classifieds but after 30 min I was annoyed by how many sold items were still listed.

Mine is "Sold" and marked as such so it won't be showing up in the classified when using the filter.

Also, the butyl adhesive that I used for headlights is from this store and it works pretty well. Good luck with your search.

780rtconv: you mentioned above to use 200' C (Celsius) for the "cooking" temperature of the headlamp assembly to soften the adhesive holding the lens
to the plastic body. That's about 400' Fahrenheit, is that safe for the plastic, or did you mean 200' F? IDK

My bad....it should be 200 Deg in Fahrenheit. Don't want to melt the plastic body!! Thanks for pointing it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom