97 fzj80 -no start after body lift removal- tried usual solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you can't fire the starter from the ignition switch AND the shift interlock is not releasing, it sounds like you're not getting power to/from the ignition switch.
This should be pretty easy to verify with a multimeter.

If you turn the key to RUN/ON, do the gauges come alive and do the wipers work?
With the key in the ON/RUN position, do you have +12 at the 7.5amp IGN fuse by the driver's left knee?
You said in a previous post that you replaced the fusible link. There are 3 fusible links that come as a single bonded ring terminal that attaches to the positive battery terminal. The 3 links off of that feed different sub-circuits of the truck. Was yours an OEM part?

wipers work and gauges come alive

i'll check voltage on the IGN fuse

yes it was an OEM fusible link bundle that i replaced it with

i think the issue is one of the wires in between the ignition switch and NSS

thanks!

I had a similar issue once, I thought it was the alarm. Removed it and still had issues with no power to the ignition at the fuse. Ran a jumper from the rear heater fuse temporarily to get me by. Long story short it was the fusible link.

Screenshot_20190828-131524_Edge.jpg

wipers work and gauges come alive

i'll check voltage on the IGN fuse

yes it was an OEM fusible link bundle that i replaced it with

i think the issue is one of the wires in between the ignition switch and NSS

thanks!
OK, make sure you check the IGN fuse too. Use a meter, not your eyeballs.

UPDATE - truck now running.

i pulled out the IGN fuse and several others (and ended up replacing the IGN fuse), poked around, unplugged the starter solenoid and replugged it in, messed with the wires on the shifter..... more of the same stuff i have been doing for hours and hours the past week or so, and then tried to start it and it fired right up! reset something. not sure? land cruiser fairy saved the day

starter sounds different than it did previously, perhaps like there is still something wrong with the wires connecting it all not giving it enough juice. i might do the ford solenoid mod, and i bought a rebuilt DENSO that i will install after i move

shift/park interlock wont let me get out of park. can not shift out of park without manually overriding that interlock lever. brake lights work as does everything else so i will follow the FSM on that plug and give it 12volts and see if it actuates with the brakes. or it might something else

but anyhoo - it works again! unplug and re plug it in until it works folks!

thank you everyone for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom