'97 FZJ80 Low Beams Out, High Beams work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read through some older posts and none seem to be my exact problem, so would appreciate some help. Both of my low beams went out at the same time and it wasn't while they were on. Found out when I went to use them and they were caput. Running lights work and high beams work. Low beams do not come on in either high or low beam positions. I have replaced the relay although it sounded like it was working and it didn't fix it. I tested for 12v at the bulb connectors and they are not getting power. All fuses are intact. All filaments are intact. I ended up replacing the main light switch and that didn't solve it either. I don't have an aftermarket harness, all OEM.

Do the low beams stay on when the high beams come of or do they switch? I did not replace the high beam switch that is behind the actuator for the light switch. I ask in case that switch actually switches the low beams off and the high beams on, then I can try to test it. Are there any fuseable links between the relay and the lights?

Thanks

I had a similar failure that was caused by the high-low beam selector switch. It became intermittent and my high beams wouldn't work first click most of the time. You should be able to test/confirm this by switching between the high-low beams a number of times and if it's this switch then the low beams may come on eventually.

I believe that the low beams are off when the high beams are on though I'm sure others will chime in with more info and better advice soon :)

I had a similar failure that was caused by the high-low beam selector switch. It became intermittent and my high beams wouldn't work first click most of the time. You should be able to test/confirm this by switching between the high-low beams a number of times and if it's this switch then the low beams may come on eventually.

I believe that the low beams are off when the high beams are on though I'm sure others will chime in with more info and better advice soon :)

Thanks. I rarely use the high beams, so I couldn't remember if they both come on but thought it was just the highs. That hi beam switch is the only thing left I can think of that seems reasonable. It doesn't seem likely that a wire would fail just sitting and it was before all the recent rains so probably not weather. Anything can happen though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom