Builds 97 FZj80 build- First timer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Guys/Gals, I think I'll work with the interstate batteries. Is there a suggested model/part number?

I'm thinking "capless" on the wheels and not worried about the rear hubs but I'd like to protect the dust caps up front- any ideas?

Hello folks, I hope the forum members are all healthy. I have a question regarding "back-up" cameras and 360 degree cameras. On the FZJ80 I'm building I want to incorporate a system that can act as a back-up camera, a 360 degree camera and an HD recorder. Does anyone here have experience installing this type of product. Thank you!

On the battery topic, I’ve had the interstate AGM batteries for about a year, no problems ( just make shure the positive terminal can’t contact the hold down, don’t ask how I know)

3C6A8130-BFD7-4EB7-A305-20ECED16E17A.jpeg

AC3ED8CD-DCB2-4934-8399-1D81C1FA8FF1.jpeg

Question: how can you tell if you have an 80 series 3FE or an 80 series 1 FZ. It's probably a very stupid question but there seem to be different parts/part numbers and the years overlap.??

Thanks

3fe came in the 91-92 FJ80
1fzfe came in 93-97
93/94 were obd1 trucks. 95/6/7 were obd2
*some 95 models may be transition models

There good info in the FAQ section and here as well

First, thanks all for the information above, as I move through this truck (which is really growing on me) I have another question. I have replaced the Waterpump, Fan Clutch, front cover seal, oil pump seal, distributor o-ring, all the automatic transmission cooling and resevoir lines and all the coolant hoses, the pullys and belts (well, some are just new parts waiting to go in) and I'm down to two kind of critical pieces- the radiator and the alternator . It looks as if the radiator is original but the alternator has an '07 stamp on it. Would conventional wisdom say to replace both units to be extra safe and if so, -especially the radiator- which type is best, meaning a TOYOTA radiator or a newer all aluminum one (3 core). I think I would purchase the alternator from Toyota but I'm in flux regarding the radiator.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

A new Toyota radiator will be all-aluminum (with plastic end tanks) for your year. Best? Ron Davis Radiator all-aluminum racing radiator is maybe best, but also $1100. TYC radiators are cheap, seem to cool well, have quality issues? Koyo is another possibility.

Thanks Matt, the factory radiator was just over 400.00 so I plan on ordering one. The first one lasted (and is still good) over 175K so as a prevention piece I'm hoping for good results from a stock unit. Please let me know if you disagree.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom