97 fzj80 best low ratio gear set. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Whats the best set of under drive gear for the TC Sumo, marlin crawler or Japanese gears from @cruiseroutfit I really need to do this. Going down this fin and others the weight of the Ole girl gets too much for low low.
drop off moab_Moment (2).jpg

Have not heard of any quality problems with any of these, but time MAY change that. They are all the same ratio, AFAIK.

The best you can get is 3.31:1, by using both the low gear set and the 10% overdrive. There was a long post here by Ward Harris I think.

If you really want the lowest you can get, 5.29:1 in the diffs and 3.31:1 in the transfercase.
17.5:1 compared to something like 10.13:1 stock.

If you have an aversion for gear whine, you might wait until the smoke clears on these modified idler gears...

I just went through buying both low range and high range gears. I don't think marlin is selling the low range gears any more. About 6months a they had them on sale and I bought some. They told me they were not going to carry them anymore. I THINK the low range gears sold by Cruiser Outfitters are made in the same factory as the marlin gears, they might even be the same. I feel like I was told this when I was shopping but please don't quote me on it.

I think the high range that several people are selling are made in the same factory. But I didn't even look at the Sumo gears so I don't know about those.

We (Cruiser Outfitters) sell/stock/ship and install the Japan made Sumo gears. You can read all about them here on Mud: YWST: Low Range T-Case Gear Sets for the 1980-2007 Cruisers

We stock high range overdrive, underdrive and low range gear sets, full rebuild kits, part-time kits, etc. We love gears :D

Check out all the cool ratio options :cool:

IMG_4532.JPG

Trail gear. Can’t beat the price.

We stock those too. However they only offer the low range gear set, nothing for the high range.

We stock those too. However they only offer the low range gear set, nothing for the high range.
I have not dealt with Trail Gear but if the price is even close I would pay a little more to buy from Cruiser Outfitters. All my dealing with them have been great.

Cruiser Outfitters all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom