97 FZJ80 70k miles locked! in MB $7995 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lowcountrylandcruisers.com
There is a 1997 FZJ80 for sale in Socastee for $7995. It is Green with a tan leather interior. It has diff locks and the odometer reads 70,000 miles... It has been at Anderson Auto Sales for about 2 years just sitting there. I would have told you guys about it earlier but I thought they wanted $15,000 for it. The phone number is 843-294-5500. Let me know if anyone is interested...

Where is this?
Do you know what the condition of the exterior and interior is?
I am going to look at an 80 tomorrow but before I get serious about it I would like to know if I need to hold off to take a look at this one. My guess is if it has been sitting on a car lot for 2 years then something has to be wrong.

I test drove it 2 years ago. It hasn't been driven in a LONG time. It needed a front axle build and a few misc. stuff. It was an estate sale from a guy that died on the intercoastal waterway like 4 years ago in his speed boat. It was his hunting truck. He wanted $13000 when I drove it 2 years ago and I offered him $9000. Figure on some seals, hoses, etc. from sitting parked for almost 4 years. In the MB sun no less.

Jeremy

The exterior looks good. There are some scratches on the front of the hood where it looks like maybe a wind deflector was. The interior looked really good. It is in Socastee on Hwy 707 about 2 miles from the intersection where the air force base used to be. I went by to look at it when I was buying mine but I am sure they said they wanted $15000 for it, so I forgot about it. I will try to go by there tomorrow afternoon and look at and maybe drive it. If I can remember, I'll take some pics of it.

Thanks. i would like some pics. I wonder if the HG has been replaced.

I stopped by and took some pictures. It has a few light scratches and a couple of little dings. There is a rust spot about 3 inches on the running board. One of the center caps is missing and it needs a new fuel door latch. The paint or I guess the clearcoat is coming off of one of the flares. The interior looks really good and it has new Michelin M/S 275s on it. It has about 77,000 miles. The guy at the car lot left today before I could get there and won't be in on Sat. but will be back on Monday. I don't know how it drives, but it looks pretty good. It may be worth checking out!
DSCN1691.jpg
DSCN1692.jpg
DSCN1693.jpg

Thanks. No interior shots?

No HG, plan on a front axle rebuild and probably a HG in the next 30,000. I would be concerned about all the rubber being idle for 4 years. Also the LTX's are new, 4 years ago. Still not a bad price, but figure on some repairs. Don't think just because a car has low miles all is good. O would have a well maintained daily driven rig with 150,000 than a rig with 70,000 sitting for 4 years.

Jeremy

I was thinking the same thing Jeremy.

It's funny how he told me long ago that he had a fuel latch and center wheel cover on order and would have them installed in a week. That was 2006!

To show you the lack of care for this car, it probably wasn't even washed. It sat for atleast 12 months with a dead rear tire.

Jeremy

tires....you would put offroad tires on it anyhow so no big deal
fuel door.....scottshelley is now trained on their installation
head gasket.....get it done and check timing belt with new hoses and belts for safety
rusted running board....who cares, yank it off and put some slee sliders there anyhow
scratched bumpers....who cares...yank them off for steel bumpers

sounds like could be good deal if not too much is needing work....and you wont be scared to wheel it and get it scratched....and it is NOT BURGANDY!

a HG cost $2K to replace.

drop the price you offer to help cover it....as it is going to need it sooner or later anyhow. then you got peace of mind on the timing belt, water pump and head gasket from the get go.

$2000, a drop in the bucket.....ask me how much I have spent on the 60 to keep her running. LOL

I havehad expierence with messing with Cars that have been long ideal and I would stay away from them there are a lo of little surprises

Thats a really good deal and I agree with little things like tires being replaced and other small things.

Not sure what yall are reading about HG but not everyone goes and its not a necessity, its on my list but probably wont get done for some time. I would do the usual PM and drive it. Little things will come up since its been sitting but with a good once over and some PM you should be good to go for many years. Since I bought mine with 30K 2 years ago we have only had some small things come up in the last 20K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom