'97 For Sale in Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found it on a used car dealer lot in South Central. It was getting washed and ready for show. White in color, and it has the Diff Lock knob and the 294 axle code. Build date 8/96. 148k on the clock. No off-roading scrapes or dents underneath. Carfax is clean and shows it lived in the San Diego area all its life, shows that two PO's each owned for about 4 yrs. The dealer bought it at an auction last month. Carfax mileage data points indicate the actual annual mileage was very close to the average annual mileage of 17k/yr. Carfax was clean.

The rig looked good overall, and looked like it prolly was a soccer mom rig. It did have green fluid in the radiator though, and the radiator looked newer. Dealer said he was gonna price at $12,500, but would give it to me for $11k. I was gonna low-ball him, but the rig doesn't quite match all of my criteria (I'd rather pay a couple grand more for 50k less miles).

What concerns, if any, should one have about the fact there is the green radiator fluid and not the red fluid? Is it as simple as flushing out and putting in the right stuff?

If anyone is interested in it PM me and I'll provide you the address and phone number.

New rad + green likely means an overheat fixed by a non Toyota dealer. May be fine but don't buy without a warranty on the head gasket or a full mechanical check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom