97 FJ80 Milage question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone.. it’s been years since I’ve posted in this forum. I used to have a 96 FJ80 but it was unfortunately lost to an accident. I’m thankful she kept everyone safe but still sad that I couldn’t repair her.. anyways, today a family friend told us today that they are selling their 97 FJ80. They are the original owners and by the looks of it , have taken really good care of their rig.. question.. how many miles would you consider too high? Their FJ currently has 325713 miles.. would that be considered too high? What are some of the things I should look at and what do you think would be a fair price? Thanks in advance!

If it is well taken care of, doesn't have rust, and you are willing to work on the vehicle and have some extra to spend on it, 325,000 miles doesn't bother me. It may need an engine rebuild at some point soon so keep that in the budget. Not sure on price though as prices of use vehicles and land cruisers seem to have skyrocketed.

My rig has 260 on it and I have spent lots on preventative maintenance. Thousands. If you are not working on the rig yourself I would not recommend. If you are than hell yah swoop it up. With out pictures and more info it would be hard to price this rig.the market is very high right now. These motors where designed for 2 rebuilds so should last over a million miles. I would say definitely take it for a pre purchase inspection from a reputable shop that knows land cruisers. Insist on a compression test and leak down test. May cost a couple hundred but we’ll worth the investment. If the head gasket has already been replaced than you can definitely get another 100-250k miles out of it. If you got any more questions post them up along with pictures we are a visual crowd on mud. 🤙 Wes

OG owners with that type of mileage says something about the type of owners and I believe it’s not only a safe bet but a wise investment depending of course on what they’re asking for it.

Edit: and yes, many wear items need to be addressed but I assume with a discerning owner such as the one I assume you’re dealing with, there’s probably plenty of maintenance that has been done and very little if any neglect.

You tell us…show us some pics and some more provenance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom