'97 Factory Amp dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have an amp handy they could measure for me? I'm trying to fit some electronics for a car pc in there that measures 4.5" x 3.7" x 1.6" any help would be greatly appreciated:cheers:

deja vu?

Sorry mine hit the dump awhile ago.

superjuice
If in fact we are thinking of the same thing, it might be a little snug, however you could easily modify the bracket and likely make it work. Mine measures 4 3/8 X 2 3/8 X 1 7/8. For some reason I had mine plus all the old crappy speakers sitting in a box in the corner.
Best of Luck

Why not relocate it?

superjuice
If in fact we are thinking of the same thing, it might be a little snug, however you could easily modify the bracket and likely make it work. Mine measures 4 3/8 X 2 3/8 X 1 7/8. For some reason I had mine plus all the old ****py speakers sitting in a box in the corner.
Best of Luck

Thanks, thats what i wanted to hear:hillbilly:

Why not relocate it?

I'm trying to keep things from getting all jammed in one place behind the stock radio location, also i'm hoping to use the wiring harness from the stock amp for the new one. Low power, nothing crazy yet.

Amazon.com: Brand New Nitro Bmw-x43 300 Watt 4 Channel Car Amplifier: Automotive

Here's another question, is the output harness from the amp the same connector as the grey radio harness? From what i have read there are two ways to connect an after market stereo to the stock speakers. One uses the white factory harness(nor 3rd row or sub) and one uses the grey. I think the po used the grey one b/c my third row roof speakers are connected to my aftermarket stereo(no sub anymore). Obviously i need to take a look but im only in the planning stages and my truck is not accessable at the moment. I hope to hook directly to the harness @ the amp location, basically creating my own head unit with pre-amp only inputs:hmm: Anyway, thanks for the dims:cheers:

I am not too sure about the harness but IMHO you should really consider something more substantial if you intend on having any quality sound. While our trucks are fantastic in most areas, most if not all of the OEM sound was pretty poor. If your not looking for a lot of bass a decent aftermarket head unit should provide enough power to push 4 efficient speakers in the doors. Likely your roof and "sub speaker are still stock and are not worth listening to. I replaced my rear doors with a 6.5" with spacer and my fronts with a 6.5' + component tweeter. My aftermarket deck had enough power to push them and make them sound decent. I added quite a bit more but could have stayed at that and been satidfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom