'97 Diesel for JDM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:frown:

main.php

;)

No Intercooler:)

Because I can send my 1HZ pump to a mining company with loads of them on the shelf, not so with the 1HDT pump - ask the poor lads that need to get them rebuilt what they cost in BC. I can get a pump with all new inards and tuned for 1200cdn, or get a moderately used pump rebuilt for about 800 with only the needed parts replaced - maybe less.

They're the same basic pump. The only reason for a price difference is price gouging.

All this talk of replacement pumps and heads makes it sound like they need done often. The only people I know who had injection pump trouble were mitsubishi owners, something in the 2.8td challengers eats them.

Why would you need a new head for an HD-T? It's not a weak point. The weak point is the bottom end. A turbocharged 1HZ shares this exact problem.

They're the same basic pump. The only reason for a price difference is price gouging.

All this talk of replacement pumps and heads makes it sound like they need done often. The only people I know who had injection pump trouble were mitsubishi owners, something in the 2.8td challengers eats them.

Why would you need a new head for an HD-T? It's not a weak point. The weak point is the bottom end. A turbocharged 1HZ shares this exact problem.

I agree about the gouging - that's the reality, mining companies have them in stock and rebuilt ready to go.

Lots of JDM's coming here with 40k kms on the clock really have 300k kms on them - the pumps need work - check posts and ask around.

Don't need a new head for a 1HDT - never said I did - what I did say is that I can get a 1HZ head the next day if I needed it - not so with a 1HDT head - or other parts if needed. That being said they do share the same crank so i could get that in a day as well.

I agree about the turbo 1HZ.

From reading Ozzy 4WD magazines, injector / injector pump service should be done semi-regularly. It looks like 200,000 km is the common number. It is definitely cheaper to do in countries that actually sold diesel cruisers.

Ishobie is right about the mileage on imported cruisers. I'm sure my truck has at least 300,000 km and the clock is showing 215,00 now.

From reading Ozzy 4WD magazines, injector / injector pump service should be done semi-regularly. It looks like 200,000 km is the common number. It is definitely cheaper to do in countries that actually sold diesel cruisers.

Ishobie is right about the mileage on imported cruisers. I'm sure my truck has at least 300,000 km and the clock is showing 215,00 now.

It's best not to read aussie 4wd magazines. One of my mates does, I have to spend a lot of time convincing him he doesn't need a roof-top tent, a big heavy roof-rack and a body lift.

It's best not to read aussie 4wd magazines. One of my mates does, I have to spend a lot of time convincing him he doesn't need a roof-top tent, a big heavy roof-rack and a body lift.

i'd like to get a roof top tent.
i would sure freaking use it.

i'd like to get a roof top tent.
i would sure freaking use it.

Remember to leave the video camera rolling when you try to get into and out of bed after a night on the cans.:cheers:

I stopped tenting years ago - bought a camp and can just sit back and enjoy some pints! No sore back in the morning!

I stopped tenting years ago - bought a camp and can just sit back and enjoy some pints! No sore back in the morning!

Yeah being 21 and all I don't have that option. Having a caravan isn't camping its a bit of a joke. I know kids that go camping and they are still watching tv at night and play their xboxs.

Defeats the purpose of camping if you ask me.

You must have not had a good air mattress to sleep on Lewis.
Or did they not have those technically advanced things back in the day:flipoff2:

wow, what a bunch of misinformation in this thread about costs of HDJ81s.
you want cheap then buy from someone that is tired of his here.
in Japan a decent 81 will still cost you about 8500, exporters fees of 1000, shipping of 1500, customs of 1000 and that is a decent one landed at the dock.
a highend 81 will set you back anywhere from 10,000 (fat chance) to 14,000 (better be fawking nice) , exporters fees of 1000, shipping of 3000 (you ain't shipping a truck like that RORO, customs of $1400-1800 so $15,500 to $19,800 plus importers fees, inspection, DOT tires, DOT headlights, DTRL etc etc.

the most expensive HZJ81 i bought cost $21,000 including exporters fees then everything else on top of it. it was worth every penny.

you want rolled back s*** then buy one for 10K landed... OR... you MIGHT be extremely lucky at auction with no one else bidding against you and a seller that is desperate. best of luck, better go buy a MAX loto ticket. you have a better chance at winning that.

(high end importer since 2001, yah yah, longer than OUTBACK has been around)

wow, what a bunch of misinformation in this thread about costs of HDJ81s.
you want cheap then buy from someone that is tired of his here.
in Japan a decent 81 will still cost you about 8500, exporters fees of 1000, shipping of 1500, customs of 1000 and that is a decent one landed at the dock.
a highend 81 will set you back anywhere from 10,000 (fat chance) to 14,000 (better be fawking nice) , exporters fees of 1000, shipping of 3000 (you ain't shipping a truck like that RORO, customs of $1400-1800 so $15,500 to $19,800 plus importers fees, inspection, DOT tires, DOT headlights, DTRL etc etc.

the most expensive HZJ81 i bought cost $21,000 including exporters fees then everything else on top of it. it was worth every penny.

you want rolled back **** then buy one for 10K landed... OR... you MIGHT be extremely lucky at auction with no one else bidding against you and a seller that is desperate. best of luck, better go buy a MAX loto ticket. you have a better chance at winning that.

(high end importer since 2001, yah yah, longer than OUTBACK has been around)

X2. People seem to think that they can get these things for free.

I agree with wayne, and try buying one now with the Yen through the roof - I wouldn't even attempt to buy anything out of Japan. If you buy an 81 from a dealer for 12-13K with 100k kms on th eclock or less then you are getting a 250-250k kms truck - I think I said that in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom