For Sale 97 40th fj 80 with factory diff locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate to sell but it"s time for a bigger family suv! my fj80 is in good shape, it has high milage (236,xxx) but runs and drives great! it has oversized fuel take, Emu springs with custom 2 1/2" bypass shocks all the way around, light racing "Jounce" shocks (Hydraulic bump stops) optima battery, leather and interior in great shape (driver seat shows a little more wear then the rest) paint could use some help (roof and hood has some clear cote pealing) it has BFG all terrains on custom wheels (6 total). i am asking $10,000obo or possible trade for toyota sequoia or a diesel ford excursion, or diesel ford van, or??????? You can e-mail me at JLracing10@hotmail.com or call 949-201-8139 I will try and post pics later...........
lc side view 2.jpg
lc driver side.jpg
lc rear view.jpg

Last edited:
can you post any pics here?

Thanks for the reply, I really did not know were to start, the 97 40ths seem to go all across the board! So I checked the retail kelly blue book and that's were I came up with my price! I figured with all the upgrades that was a good place to start? I am definatly open for coments, and I am negotiable!!

I don't have any but will shoot some and put them up. The cruiser is and has always been a california car (no rust) and I am the second owner........

It all depends on the market...

That said, IMHO you have a slightly above average vehicle with a couple extras. The mileage is probably the thing that is affecting your ability to get bites at the price point you have selected.

I don't want to affect your ability to get the best price by giving you an actual $$ amount of what I would pay since I'm not a cash buyer in the market right now.

Hope this helps.

Phil

edit: I would not agree with the post above mine.

edit: I would not agree with the post above mine.

Maybe things are different in CA. The extras / mods can't be used to account for much. Stock trucks still bring top dollar.

I have been tracking down a clean 40th for the past few months - and the most I have seen one go for is a super clean 40th in Sage - service records and 130K for $10.5K

KBB is $7,100 for a 40th with 236K in Good condition.

Yeah like I said I looked up high retail blue book at $11k and started close to that. I realize the milage is high, but it is a toyota! And runs like a champ. I am very willing to except all reasonable offers! Thanks for for all the input!

Want to trade for an FJ55? It's SOA on 37" Truxus MT's with a 350 under the hood. I also have a built 89 Toyota crawler if your looking for something like that.

Well, first off, it's bad form to tell someone on this forum that they are asking too much for their rig, many a post has been deleted from the classifeds by the mods because of this.

But, since you opened the floor...

I was recently in the market for an 80 (found a decent one for $5700) but I was willing to forego the lockers and 95-97 in order to find one with a great maintenance record. So I wasn't looking for 40th's. But I did look at many that were 40th's since I looked at everything that was for sale.

Your 40th is very nice, but as has been stated, high mileage.

IF you have done the preventative and scheduled maintenance (i.e. front axle service, diff services, oil changes etc) and have it documented, and if compression tests out, and the front and rear diff locks work, then its a $9000-$9500 dollar truck. If not you will end up below that.

Of course, if someone really wants it, what you get will be what they are willing to shell out to make it happen.

can you post more detailed pics of the interior, front, paint issues?

tx

Based on a little more research, and the input I have received on this forum I have decided to lower the price down to $10,000 obo, or trade for ? I will try to take some more pics in the next few days and post them up. Thank you all for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom