96LC Flare vs. 92 Flare fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone compared the fender flares of the FJ80 vs FZJ80's? I want to put the wider ones from a 96 on my 92 and wanted to see if anyone would know if the holes will line up?

Has anyone compared the fender flares of the FJ80 vs FZJ80's? I want to put the wider ones from a 96 on my 92 and wanted to see if anyone would know if the holes will line up?

I have a '91 that was fitted by the PO with the newer flares. My LC was recently involved in a collision where the front fender flare was ripped off the truck.

You can see in the pic the 5 larger holes that were made to accomodate the newer styled flare. 4 of those holes still have the mounting bolt/hdwre connected to fender. I believe the smaller holes closer to the wheel are what was used to mount the original flare.

As long as you have the mounting hardware with the newer flare and a drill you should be able to adapt it w/o any issues.
I'd use the newer flare's mounts as a template for the holes to be drilled. Stick something absorbant with water/paint/etc in the mounting tabs holes and lay it over fender.

fenderholes.jpg

If you'd like I can measure the distance from the lip of the wheelwell to the center of each hole for you.

guess they wont fit unless I drill? I really don't want to drill any holes because here in MN, they use salt on the roads during the winter. That means more chances of rust happening....you know.

I would interested in seeing more pics of your 91 FJ80 with the newer style flares if you don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom