'96 Thermostat Housing Gasket Part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ProjectsNMotion

SILVER Star
Threads
My LX has a slow coolant leak, and it seems to be coming from somewhere on the thermostat housing. My best guess is that the gasket between the thermostat housing and the heating hard pipe on top has failed, because coolant is pooling up on top of the thermostat housing, but everything taller than the thermostat housing is dry. Does anyone have a parts diagram or a list of the gasket part numbers? I want to remove the entire housing and replace all of the gaskets while I'm in there. Thanks.

IMG_20190608_100056.jpg

There are large O-rings inside that pipe that runs up to the head,
could be the source of the leaks. Try a search for Oring/s (or O-ring)
pipe leak

Here's one discussion:

There are large O-rings inside that pipe that runs up to the head,
could be the source of the leaks. Try a search for Oring/s (or O-ring)
pipe leak

Here's one discussion:

Awesome, thanks, I'll look into it

@beno Can you tell me the part numbers for all of the gaskets and o-rings associated with the thermostat housing, including the pipe that connects the thermostat housing to the cylinder head? Thanks

Awesome, thanks, I'll look into it

@beno Can you tell me the part numbers for all of the gaskets and o-rings associated with the thermostat housing, including the pipe that connects the thermostat housing to the cylinder head? Thanks

Why is it my job to do this?

Are you paying me to provide you with this information?

This is exactly the sh1t that made me sick of the LC community and made me want to retire....

“Calling people out” to give you information for free has to be the biggest con job that social media companies have perpetuated in modern society.

Rant off.

Why is it my job to do this?

Are you paying me to provide you with this information?

This is exactly the sh1t that made me sick of the LC community and made me want to retire....

“Calling people out” to give you information for free has to be the biggest con job that social media companies have perpetuated in modern society.

Rant off.

Wow.

I think you made your decision none too soon.

Best of luck in your new endeavor and Thanks for your support here in the past.

(1) 16351-66010 outlet, Water by-pass
(1) 16268-66010 pipe, Water by-pass
(3) 90301-29006 O-Ring

There is a smaller pipe inside the Water BP outlet that has O-Rings on it. Possibly the source of your leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom