'96 O2 Sensor connector parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - just want to say I just read the maintenance thread from a poster around 02/17, and ewillis 02/06/2017 reply, and it made my weekend! Absolutely hysterical :)))))
So I'm coming back with yet another issue. Got the HG etc etc etc done 08/2018, then exhaust went post-manifolds back. Installed Magnaflow Y and double cats, then Burla Cat Back. Yummy. Prob now is the O2s (oh yeah, and rear brake line purged coming off the ramps - whatever!). Back to O2s - the female ends of the connectors from the harness are: 1) front - it's there, but who knows real condition, and 2) rear - totally gone. Couple of pics attached - 1st is old front O2, and 2d and 3d pics are the rear O2 showing end of new connector and the broken off harness connector, rear only. Any idea if it is OK to just cut the wires and solder in new O2s with shrink tubing and forego the connectors altogether, or is there some reason the connectors are required? Or, is there a Toyo or some aftermarket connectors I can get for the harness end? Looks like the O2s are different from pre-cat to post-cat, so the connectors differ so they don't get mixed up-??? Here's some pics - nice old O2, Eh? Needless to say the check engine has been on forever, but she has never had a problem running except when she isn't.
Happy Monday in a minute!

O2 sensor front old.jpg

O2 sensor 1.jpg

O2 sensor 2.jpg

Last edited:
There is a number stamped on the connector housing of almost every OEM connector. Any competent Toyota parts person can look that up and order the housing and the correct pins for you.
Or you could just reach out to @beno and you'll have the correct parts at your door without even asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom