96 Lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a line on a 96 LX450. It has 74,300 miles, good condition, no lockers. I have not seen the vehicle, yet, because the owners are about 200 miles away. They are asking $15,400 and I can get it for $14K after negotiating. The question is, after running a carfax I see 5 owners. This throws up a red flag to me, but I see that it was traded in to the dealer, sold to an auction, bought again, sold to an auction then bought again. During one period from 8/7/98 to 7/28/04, a total of 17,000 miles was put on it for an average of less than 3,000 miles per year. This is causing me concern.

The new owners have put on new breaks, tires, and had a new AC compressor installed by a Lexus dealer.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

TeeTee

I have the same model year. Let me know if you need verification on anything and I'll take a look at mine. I'm the second owner of my LX - the first being a doctor and the best part is the vehicle spent it's entire life in the same city I live in - woot. The details on yours sound a little off - Let us know what you find out.

I called the owner to ask about the history and he had no idea bout the history. Until I can get the story behind the 6 years and only 17K miles, I am staying away.

Thanks for the replys. This board is a treasure trove of information.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom