96 LX450 Alarm Issues - Help Request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rex

Threads
Two nights ago my alarm started going off at approx 4 AM. I went outside to check things out, locked my car and had no more problems. (I never lock my car at night)

Before going to bed last night I made sure to lock the car. This morning (5 AM) the horn started beeping again. Not necessarily the alarm going off, but a series of beeps.

Why in the world is the alarm / horn going off, and why does it keep happening around the same time? Especially when the entire neighborhood is asleep?

Any ideas?

I'm not an expert in car alarms but don't discount things external to the vehicle. Is it possible that there's an animal that's interacting with the vehicle? Fat tabby cat that likes to sleep on the hood? Not saying it isn't an electrical issue but it happening in the early morning like that almost sounds like someone or something is messing with your 80.

Two nights ago my alarm started going off at approx 4 AM. I went outside to check things out, locked my car and had no more problems. (I never lock my car at night)

Before going to bed last night I made sure to lock the car. This morning (5 AM) the horn started beeping again. Not necessarily the alarm going off, but a series of beeps.

Why in the world is the alarm / horn going off, and why does it keep happening around the same time? Especially when the entire neighborhood is asleep?

Any ideas?
If you have the "factory" RS3000 alarm, they are getting old and they just decide they've had enough.

It's probably time to rip it out by the roots.

I never even had a fob for my alarm and mine decided to do this and disable the truck when I went to pick up dinner for the family. Fortunately, I had a small set of tools with me to clear the alarm. After dinner, I ripped it out (and did other work while I was in there)

Or, if it's about the same time, maybe a neighbor that wants what you have?
But, if the truck is never locked, I'm thinking it's time to remove it.

If you have the "factory" RS3000 alarm, they are getting old and they just decide they've had enough.

It's probably time to rip it out by the roots.

I never even had a fob for my alarm and mine decided to do this and disable the truck when I went to pick up dinner for the family. Fortunately, I had a small set of tools with me to clear the alarm. After dinner, I ripped it out (and did other work while I was in there)

Or, if it's about the same time, maybe a neighbor that wants what you have?
But, if the truck is never locked, I'm thinking it's time to remove it.
Is there a way to just turn the alarm off or simply disconnect it? We're hauling kids all over the place this week and I don't have time to rip anything out. However, I also don't want to keep getting woken up at 4 AM.

Is there a way to just turn the alarm off or simply disconnect it? We're hauling kids all over the place this week and I don't have time to rip anything out. However, I also don't want to keep getting woken up at 4 AM.
If it is the RS3000, it is a plug n play unit that realistically takes about 45 minutes to unplug and replug all the connectors. None of the plugs can be cross-plugged, so it's an easy deal.

For me, I found it easiest to remove the driver's seat, the DS kick plate and under dash plate. Then starting at the controller under the seat work my way out until it was 100% free. Unplug and replug as I went so it was progressive down the line.

There are a couple threads on here about it.

Otherwise, do it when you're ready.

There is a connection in the footwell for a relay that immobalizes the the vehicle. You can by pass. Then just unplug the alarm. If you ever go in an add alarm/remote for doors you can reuse the wiring since it has most of the connections needed.

Appreciate the replies everyone. Once I have time I'm going to pull the alarm out by the root. For now, I've just disabled the horn (and hazard signals) by pulling out the appropriate fuse in the engine fuse box. Very short term fix, I hope.

Try unplugging the glass breakage sensor

I had the same issue with mine during thunderstorms (a major issue when you've got train horns lol)

Turns out the sensor was just too sensative

There's actually a test procedure that involves popping a balloon to trigger it

Had plans on replacing it with a proximity sensor, but decided to just remove it to free up a spot for an auxiliary light switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom