For Sale 96 LX in Michigan Locked with 105k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased this truck with the idea in mind to restore it myself and using it to learn how to work on my own truck then give it to a family member or keep it for myself and maybe sell my truck. But that was way back in September and other than some basic bull**** I haven't had time to do anything, it's time to let it go to a good home. I would really like to see it go to a mud member just because it deserves someone who knows what they're doing, it's going to be a great truck when it's done.

The truck has some common issues but it runs great, I've put 170K on my 97 LX and if you've put a lot of miles on any car you know the difference between a truck with 100k on it and 200k on it, I drove it an hour home when I bought it and it doesn't drive like it's tired it feels fresh. That being said it does have issues and needs some work, I did a thorough check up on the car and made a list of everything I could find/hear:

-REBUILT TITLE, carfax says it picked a rebuilt title from Ohio in 2014. I know at this point it wouldn't take much for our trucks to get totaled out but unfortunately the previous owner was some kid who was into cars and just bought it himself, he told me that same night when I gave him the cash for it he was on his way to buy some tricked out VW and didn't have any real info about the accident, he didn't have it for very long. I've tried figuring out where it was hit but can't find it and the body looks/feels very straight/solid other than the terrible paint job but that isn't exactly my expertise anyway. I think they gave me a clear title when I titled it here in Michigan, again not too good with that kinda stuff.

-Brakes go all the way to the floor, I'm assuming it's the master cylinder

-It was bobbing pretty good when I had it on the highway so new shocks I suppose

-The transmission jerks when it's cold

-It doesn't have any audio components installed and has a bunch of aftermarket wires and crap that needs to be pulled out, see pics

-It has an exhaust leak, doesn't sound like a bad one I know that sound well

-Rust spots on the front bumper, rear hatch and a little where it looks like they had some tail guards drilled in, see pics

-The power locks stopped working recently when I changed the battery

-The carpet in the back is torn up, see pic

-The leather on the top of the steering looks like it was maliciously torn, see pic

-It had re-upholstered seat bottoms and I swapped them out for the seats in my truck along with the sheepskin covers, my seats weren't terrible but bad enough to be covered up

-The AC/Heat doesn't blow at all

-The passenger side ac/heat vent cover is broken, see pic

-The center console is missing but I bought one to go with it, I didn't put it in because I figured the new owner would want to take those wires out anyway, see pic

-It's missing some misc. trim pieces

-The backseat headrests are missing

-The airbag light is on

-The glove box falls all the way to the floor, I'm sure it happened whenever they installed whatever stereo it was

-The drivers side mirror flaps in the wind

-The rear hatch doesn't stay up

Pics to follow....

Pics...

100_1521.JPG

100_1522.JPG

100_1523.JPG

100_1524.JPG

100_1526.JPG

-96 LX450
-Rebuilt Title

ASKING $4500

Anyone is welcome to come see her but I don't have her registered or insured, just titled and with the master cylinder issue it may not be the best idea to take her out for a pleasure cruise unless it's at night with not much traffic. She's parked inside my warehouse and I've got a nice parking lot we can drive her around in. Also keep in mind I didn't wash/wax detail her up before I took the pics, it just seemed kinda odd to do that considering everything, she was garaged all winter.

Shoot me a PM, if there is anything else anyone would like pictured or investigated please let me know and I will do my best.

Last edited:
Also posted on expeditionportal, thanks for the tip! Kinda pissed I'm just now finding that site after all these years, guess I know what I'm doing tonight.....

Price drop to $4200

Makes me sad seeing her in my warehouse not getting any love, needs to be re-homed!

I hope the long list of problems isn't throwing people off, if you go through it you can see it's pretty common stuff. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that most 80's for sale have a lot of these issues they just aren't put in a list. Someone really needs to go come check her out it's a bargain for anyone with a little time and know how.

After consulting with some people more knowledgeable than me here on mud I'm dropping the price again.

Asking $3500, she needs a new home it's bothering me seeing her in my warehouse not getting any love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom