96 Land Cruier Installing brake controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am installing a brake controller for my trailer. I have all of the wire hooked up but one... The one that goes to a "Switched Brake Wire" does any one know which wire to hook that too???

thanks

It is a green wire with a white stripe coming from the switch.

Just lay on your back and look up at the harness. If you disconnect the strap tie from the loom and disconnect the switch harness, you can easily pull the harness down and it will be easy to tap into. You do not need to unscrew anything, just unplug the harness and plug it back in when done.

thanks for the info... found the wire, tied and the unit powers up...

Question: now i hear a clicking noise from the center console area each time I touch the brake. i disconnected the power to the controller and I still hear it each time I brake.... Did I do something wrong??? is there a relay or something under the center console that goes to the brake? What can I check?

:confused:

That is the automatic transmission shifter interlock. It's normal, and only happens when you press the brake in Park.

I'm also trying to tap into the "cold" side of the on/off switch for the brakes (lights). I've been trying like he** to disconnect the plug from the back of the switch but there is a piece of metal just behind it that makes it virtually impossible to even grab ahold of the plug. I have a 96' cruiser and maybe the later model 80's are different?? My back hurts like he** trying to play gumby! Anyone have any other suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom