'96 in need of repair/advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Folks,

Quick intro, I'm a past president of LSLC in Texas but they disowned me when I moved to Colorado :)... anyway, I have a buddy with a son going to school in Bozeman that needs a little help. I spoke to TC Carpenter a few minutes ago and he suggested I add a post here:

The buddy's son had a low speed rear end accident (no airbag deployment) on slick roads a few days ago with his '96 80. I will post pictures when I get them, but it sounds like the front end damage you would expect... grill, bumper, hood, radiator, probably AC condenser, etc. Of course, insurance wants to total it and estimates the repairs between $6500 and $7000. We are looking for someone who loves these trucks as much as we do to see whether it can be repaired for a more reasonable amount by someone who can possibly source used parts, etc (and not go through the insurance company). Anyway, providing contact info here if you're interested in helping... and I know TC is working on it as well. We would also be willing to pay someone to go have a look at it and give us an opinion... just give me a shout.

Thanks in advance for helping out. I love the fact we have such a well connected community of LC owners/lovers.

JJJ

Jeff Jones
jeffjones.dro@gmail.com
970-560-2873

John in Livingston is big on 80's @Bowser he may have all the parts needed.

I do have 90%-95% of what you are looking for. I have a half cut I picked up recently for the 1HD. All the sheetmetal is there and in decent condition. Fenders have some slight damaged from being moved around by a forklift. Nothing terrible but if you where going to paint would be easy fixes. Core support. hood. lower valence. bumper all all in good non damaged condition. Even though this rig was a JDM 91 it has the upgraded bumper / valance / grille from a US 95-97. I do have other fenders etc available if you where interested. But the JDM ones are kind of cool because the have the JDM side marker lights behind the fender in front of the front doors and the OEM corner mirror up by the headlight on the RH side. I have at least one US headlight. Don't remember which one. No radiators at the moment. So should have everything minus one headlight and radiator. Best way to contact me is via email. Or through TC. I'm only mud every other month or so. I'm on the road a lot in the next few months so depending on how soon you need the parts I may be able to make you a good deal on used OEM parts. Other bonus is I live only 25 miles from BZN and being I fly in and out of BZN for work my truck is often at the airport and can arrange for someone to pick up parts when I leave or get back to town.

Awesome. Thanks for the news on parts. We'll see what Stephen discovers when he sees the truck and go from there. While it will need paint eventually, our goal at the moment is to get him back on the road... even if the front end might be a bit of "patchwork" for now. He can always have it painted when he's home for the summer here. Many thanks!

JJJ

@Whale Jeff, I looked at it today. The fenders are in good shape and were only very slightly tweaked just below the corner marker lights. It needs a core support, hood, lower valance, bumper, radiator, AC condenser and trans cooler. The head lights and marker lights do not appear to have been damaged. @Bowser, John, I'll be in touch about parts.

@Whale Jeff, I looked at it today. The fenders are in good shape and were only very slightly tweaked just below the corner marker lights. It needs a core support, hood, lower valance, bumper, radiator, AC condenser and trans cooler. The head lights and marker lights do not appear to have been damaged. @Bowser, John, I'll be in touch about parts.

Excellent!! Thanks so much for the help. This Cruiser deserves to be back on the road. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom