For Sale '96' FZJ80 w/factory lockers with engine issues, what's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was my wifes daily driver until the engine went bad. It will still start, but makes horrible noise.

The body is in great condition and the paint is in pretty good condition too, except for a long scratch on one side and about a 1.5" mark on the hood.

The interior is in good condition with some cracking/wear on the leather seats.

Would like opinions on what a good price starting point would be?

I should add:

Has not been driven since May 2013

I had the following parts replaced at a local shop in May of 2007 (all Genuine Toyota Parts, purchased from CruiserDan) so that it would be as "new" as possible for my wife:

NEW '95' cruiser radiator (larger core)

All engine/oil pan seals/gaskets replaced

All engine cooling hoses/thermostat, related hardware replaced including blue silicone hose (PHH) install

Engine fan assembly

June 2010 had both the alternator and starter rebuilt at local auto electric shop

I have receipts for all mentioned above

Last edited:
View attachment 1132660
1996 LandCruiser pics (2).jpg
View attachment 1132660 1996 LandCruiser pics (2).jpg View attachment 1132660 1996 LandCruiser pics (2).jpg View attachment 1132660 1996 LandCruiser pics (2).jpg
This was my wifes daily driver until the engine went bad. It will still start, but makes horrible noise.

The body is in great condition and the paint is in pretty good condition too, except for a long scratch on one side and about a 1.5" mark on the hood.

Late getting back to this.... been busy getting daughter ready to start college... only one week left!

Here are some pictures I took last week:

1996 LandCruiser pics (1).jpg

S1490003.JPG

1996 LandCruiser pics (3).jpg

1996 LandCruiser pics (4).jpg

More pics:

The hood pics show bubbling starting to happen with the clean coat... as far as I can see, it is the hood only.

About the Engine issue:

I recorded this using a high quality stereo voice recorder, wife held recorder facing engine just above center of radiator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HxmPDBT0Kf4

So what's your price?

I payed 1500 for my 94 with, lockers 140k miles with a bad head gasket. It ran and drove and sounded fine. I took it to the dealer and had HG fixed. That was over 60k miles ago.

I would like to get $2500.00 for it. As I said, daughter starts university next week. We are looking for any way to pay for this.

Last edited:
think its the oil pump?

Still for sale and would like $2500.
The before mentioned bubbling of the clear coat on the hood has caused sections of the clear coat to peel away (hood only). The rest of the paint/clear coat on the truck is fine.

I would like to keep the truck, which is why I haven't really tried to sell... but also need the money. Will keep until I can afford to have engine rebuilt or get full asking price.

Last edited:
Still for sale and would like $2500.
The before mentioned bubbling of the clear coat on the hood has caused sections of the clear coat to peel away (hood only). The rest of the paint/clear coat on the truck is fine.

I would like to keep the truck, which is why I haven't really tried to sell... but also need the money. Will keep until I can afford to have engine rebuilt or get full asking price.
I'm confused. Are you keeping it or selling it for $2500? Your post seemed to contradict itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom